Leaf Price / Discount discussion thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an 812 credit score, my desire to sit on my ass a full day in an out of state dealership, have them change terms, try to add on crapola and then end up paying an out of state entity each month I s minimal. (Wisconsin is not a place to buy an ev)
Every car I have ever owned was bought from at least 150 miles away.

Just cause I get zero percent does not motivate me, in fact taking zero percentage loans increase load and decrease your credit score over time. I rather get the cash discount up front then earn 1% for a while.

My main frustration is that the discount is tied to some form of financing, it used to be cash talked and you could just do a quick clean sale, spending a full day filling out paperwork ruins it for me.

My only solice is that I don't buy a car often.

oleviking said:
I am going to propose a $1,000 down, $10,000 residual value and a $225 payment before sales tax. We shall see what they do as the end of the month/year gets closer and the car is still on the lot.

Generally, dealers can no longer adjust the residual value. This may not apply to clearance cars, though...

My main frustration is that the discount is tied to some form of financing,

That is a silly frustration. There is no penalty for early payment of the loan so take the deal, pay it off it really bothers you.

~30k should have literally zero impact on your credit score even if you keep the free money and just pay off the loan. Unless I guess that your income to LTV is really fucked up. In basic terms, anyone who has been an adult from 20-40 has an 800 FICO. Getting below that level requires being a real dumbass, or I guess a real set of shitty circumstances.

The discounts on a Leaf S24 have me thinking. Is this a good price in Syracuse, NY?
$1800 down/ $199 lease. With an $8,700 buy out at the end, you can lease for 3/ 36,000 and if you like it, you can end up owning a new $30,000 sticker Leaf S24 for $18,000 plus tax. $16,000 if they give me my trade in.
Here is the offer as posted on Nissan with no extra dealer participation included yet. If I can get them to give me $2000 on paper for my worn out 2001 Insight I will do it even though I still have a perfectly good Honda Fit and my trusty, 110 mpgUS Honda CBR250R in the garage.
2016 LEAF S trim Lease
36 Months - $199/Month - $1,999 initial payment.

Excludes taxes, title, and license. $1,999 initial payment required at consummation. (Includes $1,800 consumer down payment, $199 first month payment.) (INCLUDES $11,625 manufacturer's rebate applied to $199/Month lease. Offer valid only when financed through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation.) Subject to residency restrictions.

2016 LEAF S trim Lease model 17016 subject to availability to well-qualified lessees through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation. $29,875 MSRP incl. destination charge. Net capitalized cost of $15,521 includes a $595 non-refundable acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may affect actual price set by dealer. Monthly payments total $7,164 At lease end, purchase for $8,365, plus purchase option fee up to $300 (except KS & WI), plus tax, or pay excess wear & use plus $0.15 per mile for mileage over 12,000 miles per year. Lessee is responsible for maintenance and repairs. A disposition fee is due at termination of lease term. No security deposit required. Must take delivery from new dealer stock. See participating dealer for details. Offer ends 12/05/2016.

sendler2112 said:
The discounts on a Leaf S24 have me thinking. Is this a good price in Syracuse, NY?
$1800 down/ $199 lease. With an $8,700 buy out at the end, you can lease for 3/ 36,000 and if you like it, you can end up owning a new $30,000 sticker Leaf S24 for $18,000 plus tax. $16,000 if they give me my trade in.
Here is the offer as posted on Nissan with no extra dealer participation included yet. If I can get them to give me $2000 on paper for my worn out 2001 Insight I will do it even though I still have a perfectly good Honda Fit and my trusty, 110 mpgUS Honda CBR250R in the garage.
2016 LEAF S trim Lease

Excludes taxes, title, and license. $1,999 initial payment required at consummation. (Includes $1,800 consumer down payment, $199 first month payment.) (INCLUDES $11,625 manufacturer's rebate applied to $199/Month lease. Offer valid only when financed through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation.) Subject to residency restrictions.

2016 LEAF S trim Lease model 17016 subject to availability to well-qualified lessees through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation. $29,875 MSRP incl. destination charge. Net capitalized cost of $15,521 includes a $595 non-refundable acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may affect actual price set by dealer. Monthly payments total $7,164 At lease end, purchase for $8,365, plus purchase option fee up to $300 (except KS & WI), plus tax, or pay excess wear & use plus $0.15 per mile for mileage over 12,000 miles per year. Lessee is responsible for maintenance and repairs. A disposition fee is due at termination of lease term. No security deposit required. Must take delivery from new dealer stock. See participating dealer for details. Offer ends 12/05/2016.

impossible to say. you need to look at what other offers are in your area. also if you have any other discounts not considered like an employee purchase program (you would be surprised how many have one that they are not aware of) returning customer, etc.

Now for me? No, it would be a terrible deal and I will prove that in a few days

It looks like there is also a $2000 state tax rebate in NY that would get me down to $14,000 with the dealer participating $2000 for my otherwise worn out trade in.

The Nissan web site seems to have hidden the current lease deal which is still good until Dec., 5. It now only shows choices to build a 2017 and lease for $778. Good luck with that one.

You don't want to drive an S24 in Syracuse. With the heat on you'll have a range of about 40-50 miles, with the 50 being in mild Winter temps. I'd also not count on the NY tax credit if you buy this year. When I asked the idiots at NYSERDA if it will be retroactive, they replied, last month, that they don't know - it isn't written yet. Their excuse is that they have until April 2017 to implement it. I actually used to respect NYSERDA...

How much does the space heater draw? Compared to the heat pump? Does the SV still use a space heater below 32F?
But I would rather have the 30kWh battery for the newer longevity than the S24 that is at my local dealer. My commute is only 40 miles and I can charge at work so the space heater is ok. And I have plug in electric clothing from the bike.

sendler2112 said:
2016 LEAF S trim Lease

http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com/2016/11/in-with-new-introducing-era-of-eco-b.html

in a nutshell; 2016 S30. 36 months, 15,000 miles zero down, $245.99 a month.

Valdemar said:
DaveinOlyWA said:

$245.99, rent charge inclusive? It is listed as a separate item in the blog.

ummm, now you are talking "outside the shell".... FYI; rent charge is less than a buck a month

DaveinOlyWA said:
Valdemar said:
DaveinOlyWA said:

ummm, now you are talking "outside the shell".... FYI; rent charge is less than a buck a month

Ugh, not sure what I was thinking, probably sales tax?

DaveinOlyWA said:
http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com/2016/11/in-with-new-introducing-era-of-eco-b.html

Thanks for the tips on employee discount. I doubt they would be able to give me the returning customer discount. I told my salesman I needed to be at $17k but I guess if I could get to $18k it would be reasonable. How did you get them to do $0 down?

Valdemar said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
Valdemar said:

Ugh, not sure what I was thinking, probably sales tax?

I provided ALL the pertinent info here. the blog adds in everything that is quite simply not pertinent but some want to know. the rent charge is essentially interest on the lease term. A lot of people want to know this when debating the "buy or lease" question.

as far as the pertinent info; zero down, 45,000 miles to drive, 35 payments of $245.99. That is all of it. Now I did turn in my 2013 6 weeks early and received this

plus I will get a refund check for over payment of registration fees that will be around $100 not to mention the unmentioned bonus so this is the MOST I would pay and the likely total is probably going to be less.

Attachments

• 2013 lease end payment cancellation.jpg
    2013 lease end payment cancellation.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 57
Got the following offer for a 2016 SV (no packages). 2999 drive-off (Down payment & taxes and first months payment included)
155/month & taxes monthly (don't have the number with monthly taxes but I estimate 175)

So total will be roughly 9100 (this is San Jose CA)

I am turning in my 2013 SV to get this - assume they will waive the 325 lease return fee

Does it look like a good deal ? Do I need to negotiate more ?

sunil said:
Got the following offer for a 2016 SV (no packages). 2999 drive-off (Down payment & taxes and first months payment included)
155/month & taxes monthly (don't have the number with monthly taxes but I estimate 175)

So total will be roughly 9100 (this is San Jose CA)

I am turning in my 2013 SV to get this - assume they will waive the 325 lease return fee

Does it look like a good deal ? Do I need to negotiate more ?

it will be waived. That is a better deal than mine. guessing its because of lease miles

Back