2017 MY Nissan LEAF

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
michaelt said:
I have no knowledge about orders taken for Bolts. If there are such orders, I am sure GM made sure to include a clause about no guarantee as to the time of delivery.

I live in remote delaware (this is the opposite of California), and talked to the sales manager of a large dealership yesterday. He was told by the Chevy rep to expect to be given a Bolt allocation (to order from) by the end of the year. My order will be part of his allocation order. My experience with this kind of new niche model orders, suggest that delivery will take 6 weeks or so.

BN-QT940_2Ppib_OR_20161112100404.jpg

A Bolt being assembled at the Orion assembly plant. The photo shows a battery pack being installed. I kind of doubt this photo is from the future.

eastocean said:
Bolt allocation (to order from) by the end of the year. My order will be part of his allocation order. My experience with this kind of new niche model orders, suggest that delivery will take 6 weeks or so.
Did you get any pricing on the Bolt.

LeftieBiker said:
So the idiots expect this to compete with the Bolt. Maybe I'll just take the $300+ a month and lease a Lexus...

I am not feeling too bad now having leased a 2016 last year. These guys are unbelievable! They did not change almost anything for 2017. Wow!

I expect I will pay MRSP and no dealer surcharges. This is similar to previous purchases I have made with specialty cars.

I expect I will pay MRSP and no dealer surcharges. This is similar to previous purchases I have made with specialty cars.

Heated seats/ steering wheel is extra. So maybe $39,000? I can only take $4500 of the federal tax credit. So I would be at $34,500 for a Bolt. Or I can lease, then buy a Leaf S30 for $21,000 without having to file for any credits.

Most or all of the Bolts allocated to climates like ours will have the 'comfort package', which is about $500, already installed, as it is with the Volts. Sadly, I need the Surround View, and so will have to look at Bolt Premieres only, at about $43k, because that option isn't available on the LT. Still, if it comes down to leasing an unchanged Leaf SV for $250 a month or leasing a Bolt Premiere for $375, I'll take the latter. Maybe when we get Uber I'll take a few fares a month to make up the difference.

As one poster mentioned, it may be that Nissan is not in a rush to push out an all new Leaf because it has already a good foothold around the world. Also, keeping the same model for sale is not a problem in Europe or South America, as they are used to having the same model car sold for decades. We in the US are the ones that want something fun and new every year...

Question of the day is what does soon mean?

I suspect the 2017 LEAF may be a short carryover MY, with the gen two 2018 MY announcement by early next year, and available for sale to USA buyers by late Summer or Fall.

Xpost from Bolt thread:

edatoakrun said:
News on both Bolt and Gen 2 LEAF.

Sure would be nice to know the the definitions of limited, and soon..

General Motors Co.’s first long-range electric car won’t be made widely available for several months, with the auto maker planning to sell the Chevrolet Bolt in California and Oregon in coming weeks to meet its commitment to put it on sale in 2016.

GM has said its $30,000 Bolt will be on sale in the 2016 calendar year, a target that qualifies the car for certain product awards and allows the company to say its car hits the market well in advance of a rival product being developed by Tesla Motors Inc. GM spokeswoman Michelle Malcho said Thursday the car is expected to meet high interest, but will be offered in limited quantities in 2017...

Nissan Motor Co.’s Michael Bunce, speaking during an interview Wednesday, said the Japanese auto maker is revamping its Leaf electric car and will show off a new version soon. He said the vehicle will have battery-range upgrades and a revised design...
http://www.wsj.com/articles/gms-chevy-bolt-ev-not-widely-available-until-spring-1479413234
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18907&start=970

I just obtained a late 2016 S30 Leaf. Why didn't I get a Chevy Bolt instead? They will be available here soon (the Tesla 3 remains vaporware for the immediate future, so one reason why I didn't go Tesla should be obvious). The actual pricing of the Bolt is now available - about $42.5 out the door, or about $35K after federal tax credit. That is well over twice what I paid OTD for the new Leaf. The Leaf range works for me. The Leaf price definitely works for me. My previous Leaf performed faultlessly. There was no reason to go any further in my quest for economy transportation.

LeftieBiker said:
sendler2112 said:
Might get to $350 on a Bolt with $3,000 down depending on how much residual they figure.

A Bolt premiere, with fast charge and the surround package?

nope, nothing like that.

I ran the lease calculator for a base model with QC only. 15,000 miles and it was $4104 down, $358 a month (sales tax if it applies would be extra) and applying the $2500 lease cash (that is not guaranteed for my area)

Dooglas said:
I just obtained a late 2016 S30 Leaf. Why didn't I get a Chevy Bolt instead? They will be available here soon (the Tesla 3 remains vaporware for the immediate future, so one reason why I didn't go Tesla should be obvious). The actual pricing of the Bolt is now available - about $42.5 out the door, or about $35K after federal tax credit. That is well over twice what I paid OTD for the new Leaf. The Leaf range works for me. The Leaf price definitely works for me. My previous Leaf performed faultlessly. There was no reason to go any further in my quest for economy transportation.

If you paid "well under" $17,500 on a brand-new 30kWh Leaf, you got a killer deal. That's basically entry-level Versa territory. With deals like that to be had, it's no wonder Nissan was able to sell nearly 1,900 Leafs in the US in December.

GetOffYourGas said:
Dooglas said:

If you paid "well under" $17,500 on a brand-new 30kWh Leaf, you got a killer deal. That's basically entry-level Versa territory. With deals like that to be had, it's no wonder Nissan was able to sell nearly 1,900 Leafs in the US in December.

I could have bought out my lease for about $17,600 and keep in mind; lease incentives are not quite as good as purchase incentives if you qualify for the whole $7500 fed tax credit

DaveinOlyWA said:
GetOffYourGas said:
Dooglas said:

I could have bought out my lease for about $17,600 and keep in mind; lease incentives are not quite as good as purchase incentives if you qualify for the whole $7500 fed tax credit

Sure, but buying out a lease is not the same thing as buying a new car. So if your lease buyout was higher than Dooglas' purchase price, I have to assume Nissan was/is having a fire sale.

GetOffYourGas said:
LeftieBiker said:
michaelt said:
I take that to mean that Nissan predicts no competition for almost a year. This is a strong indication that speculation about Bolt--or Tesla 3 or what have you-- being just around the corner should be given little weight.

That will surprise the people who have actually ordered Bolts to be built in the next few weeks.

True in pockets of the US and Europe, the Bolt will slowly become available. World wide, Nissan still sells plenty of Leafs in areas that will not get competition for almost a year (if not more). So it looks to me like they are milking their current design in those markets, while taking a little extra time on Leaf 2.0. I hope this means that they realized they have to meet or beat the Bolt/Model III with the Leaf 2.0, even if they take a while to get there. A 40kWh / 150-mile Leaf will not cut it in 2018.

Based on recent sales and pricing of the 30kwh leaf, if they can sell the 40kwh for ~$22k out the door, it will do just fine! Not everyone needs a 200-mile EV, and a 150-mile leaf is actually fine for long distance traveling for those with young kids or small bladders.

Back