Post Your Order Details Here

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nobueno said:
State : Colorado
Metro area/city : Boulder

Color/trim: Silver/Light interior / SV
Options: Splash Guards/Floor Mats/Cargo Net

Total MSRP+destination charge: $35,420
Total quote/price accepted (excluding tax/license): $27,419
Total discount (or markup): -$8001 [$4001 + $4000(NMAC)]
Additional fees: 0
Total after tax credits ($7500/fed, $5250 Colorado): $14,669+TT
Purchase or lease?: Purchase
Package deals: Three years scheduled maintenance free as part of our deal.

Dealer: Boulder Nissan

Delivery date: 6/9/2016

Plans for home charging: Considering putting 220 in garage (already have access there) but will see how we do with 110 first.

Is this amount ($4001) just a negotiated price discount, dealer incentive, or part of NMAC?

cherrytoffee said:
Dealer: Premiere Nissan
Model: 2016 Leaf S with QC
36 month Lease
Downpayment (total): $2500 drive off
Monthly Payment: $110 +10 in tax
Total Cost after CA EV rebate: $4,200

How confident are you that you'll get the CA rebate? They haven't given any since June, you know. Or am I missing something?

I sure hope the legislature refunds the program. As far as I know, the deadline to do so is this Wednesday (August 31).

drhlee1 said:
Wow that is really good deal. We were shopping for a 2016 Leaf S with QC at the beginning of May, the best lease offer we got was $2500 drive off and $150 (tax included) per month. We end up leasing a 2016 Leaf SV.

State : California

Color: Gun Metallic
Options: Splash Guards/Floor Mats/Safety Kit

Delivery Date: 5/7/2016
Dealer: Sunnyvale Nissan

Model: 2016 Leaf SV
36 month Lease
Monthly Payment: $230 (tax included)
Total Cost after (CA EV rebate) + (Monterey Bay Air District EV rebate) : $5,550

If you live in the Monterey Bay area (Santa Cruz, Monterey, San Benito county), there is an additional $2500 rebate on top of the California Clean Vehicle Rebate.
http://mbard.org/rebates/
Same question I asked cherrytoffee above: how confident are you that you'll get the CA CVR? They haven't given any rebates since June and unless the Program gets more funding, I don't see it continuing or even the rebates given to those on the waiting list. I believe we'll have an answer on this coming Wednesday, August 31, as that is the deadline for an "emergency" addition of funds. I can't believe it has been in such jeopardy, being such an "EV friendly" state.

Here was my "attempt" at a deal earlier today...:

Oh well.. so much for that... The dealership I went to in New Orleans (Premier Nissan) was a complete waste of time...

Sticker was 34,420 on an SV

Offered me 13K for my '13 FFH (I wanted 14,500 at least KBB is 14,500-15,500)
Then offered 28,500 for the SV (I said 27,000 without incentives)
At this point the "salesman" said- "What incentives?" :eek:
He went back to the sales manager and then came back and said "Oh the manager said he already gave you all those incentives to get to the 28,500...

I thanked him for his time, and walked out...

mbender said:
cherrytoffee said:
Dealer: Premiere Nissan
36 month Lease
Monthly Payment: $110 +10 in tax
Total Cost after CA EV rebate: $4,200

How confident are you that you'll get the CA rebate? They haven't given any since June, you know. Or am I missing something?

I sure hope the legislature refunds the program. As far as I know, the deadline to do so is this Wednesday (August 31).

Thats out of my control. If I get it great, if not I still think I got a great deal.

State : NJ
Metro area/city : Central NJ/Princeton area

Color/trim: Black/Black SV
Options: Premium Package/Floor Mats/Splash Guards/Kick Plates

Total MSRP+destination charge: $37,120
Total quote/price accepted (excluding tax/license): $24,821
Total discount (or markup): $6,299 dealer, $4,000 nmac, $2,000 customer cash
Additional fees: $324.50 DMV/State Fees, $429 Doc/Junk Fees
Total after tax credits ($7,500 fed): $18,074.50 OTD

Dealer: Rt33 Nissan, Hamilton, NJ

Delivery date: 8/31/16

Plans for home charging: L2 at home via ClipperCreek LCS-30, looking into L1/L2 at work through NJ workplace charging grants.

scottandme said:
State : NJ
Metro area/city : Central NJ/Princeton area

Color/trim: Black/Black SV
Options: Premium Package/Floor Mats/Splash Guards/Kick Plates

Total MSRP+destination charge: $37,120
Total quote/price accepted (excluding tax/license): $24,821
Total discount (or markup): $6,299 dealer, $4,000 nmac, $2,000 customer cash
Additional fees: $324.50 DMV/State Fees, $429 Doc/Junk Fees
Total after tax credits ($7,500 fed): $18,074.50 OTD

Dealer: Rt33 Nissan, Hamilton, NJ

Delivery date: 8/31/16

Plans for home charging: L2 at home via ClipperCreek LCS-30, looking into L1/L2 at work through NJ workplace charging grants.

Wow! Congrats on your new LEAF at an excellent price. Looks like NJ exempts EVs from sales/use tax as well. That's about $2400 less than my similarly configured car back in May. There was only the $4K NMAC incentive that month.

36 month Lease, 12K miles
Downpayment: $0
Monthly Payment: $160+13 in tax
Total Payments: $6055

This was the last Leaf on the lot, and I think it had been there a while. Thanks everyone at this forum for all the information. Love the car so far!

I don't understand how some posts start with at sticker of $35,000 and they say they negotiated down to $27,000??? How does a dealer discount a car $7,000 AND you end up getting the car for $14,000? Those prices sound so ridiculous, that I would buy a 1/2 dozen of them..

I live in long Island, NY. When I got my new 2015, I shopped around to a dozen dealers (and many visits and phone calls) and no dealer would discount more than about $1,000 below sticker. I finally thought I got a good deal and bought my car with a sticker of $32,000 for about $29,000 (without any incentives).

What am I missing here that people seem to be buying a new Leaf for $15,000 or less out-of-pocket??

powersurge said:
I don't understand how some posts start with at sticker of $35,000 and they say they negotiated down to $27,000??? How does a dealer discount a car $7,000 AND you end up getting the car for $14,000? Those prices sound so ridiculous, that I would buy a 1/2 dozen of them..

I live in long Island, NY. When I got my new 2015, I shopped around to a dozen dealers (and many visits and phone calls) and no dealer would discount more than about $1,000 below sticker. I finally thought I got a good deal and bought my car with a sticker of $32,000 for about $29,000 (without any incentives).

What am I missing here that people seem to be buying a new Leaf for $15,000 or less out-of-pocket??

I think people are including Tax incentives in the end price, which (I think) is not correct for an "out the door" price.

I do not count on tax incentives as that is my business if I can get them or not and dealers who pile those in 'the deal' are not being fully truful unless they are your tax person too.

For those that have done a lease, they can count on that because Nissan take that and are supposed to give it back to you in the price, so those are legit.

Some also put in 'trade in' too but of course if the value of the car is higher on the street than the dealer gives you, it again should not be added to the 'out the door' price because you might have been ripped on that.

We leased our 2015 S. The price for the car ended up being $22,000-something. We are leasing the 1st part for 3 years and 15k miles per yr and the last we have to pay off the rest if we want the car at the end.

Do I think I got the best deal? no. I've seen others lease a Leaf with much better numbers, of course i saw these afterwards.

We all want to feel as though we got a GREAT deal. we do not like finding out we got 'taken'. The ones who got 'taken' do not usually boast about it on this post unless they are grinding an axe.

powersurge said:

What month / day did you buy? It seems prices are highest for awhile after a new model year hits dealers, then discounting becomes more aggressive as the months march onward. Right now we shouldn't be too far from the 2017 introduction, let alone downward pricing pressures from the 200-mile competition.

Additionally, the last three days of the month may motivate dealers who are nearing their next reward program level from the manufacturer.

NMAC seems to increase finance incentives to help move inventory.

Some of us have used "Fighting Chance" method to request competitive bids from area dealers, making it clear the dealers need to win our business. That worked very well for me back in May. Purchasing now would save me even more due to increased incentives, but I have enjoyed my LEAF all summer.

My previous new car was at MSRP from a distant dealer due to it being a brand new model design in short supply and most dealers were trying to fetch over MSRP. I could have saved thousands by waiting a few months for discounts to start.

powersurge said:

Markets change with time. Leafs are getting larger discounts today than they have in the past. You might have gotten a good deal for the month you bought it. What I know of (a month old):

New 2016 Leaf S with quick charge package
MSRP: $32,000
OTD: $21,890 (VPP and Leaf Loyalty discounts from Nissan)

I know I couldn't get $10k off the price when I bought my second Leaf... Or the first, for that matter. Not even close.

My hints for car buying:

Hint 1. Don't visit or call. Communicate only over email. USPS used to be best, might still be some places. Make sure you let them know when they are not the low bidder, and will not get the business unless they are. Oh, and don't tell who the current low bidder is. Keep asking them if they want to sell a car. Change the game from a sales game into a price game.
Hint 2. End of the month can matter. If the dealer is in a hurry to make a sale, see how low he/she will go.
Hint 3. If they are the low bidder, let them know it is just by a few dollars. If they don't honor the quoted price, you will leave.

Clue. Ask for and respond to OTD or "Out The Door" price only. A price that isn't stated to include everything will include hundreds or more in excess and bogus fees.

Posted this in another thread before i saw this one.

I was going to wait for the Chevy Bolt or the Leaf2 but they all had close to a 40K price tag and probably with no incentives or discounts.

I just bought a 2016 Leaf SV with the Premium package for 29,117OTD. They had a 5K dollars MSRP discount, 2K finance discount, another 4K Captive Loan discount and 0% financing for 60 months. I couldn't pass up the offer. I didn't see a real need to get the longer range for an extra 10K dollars. You can't really go on long trips with it anyway and my daily commute have charge point at each end.

Their MSRP was 37000(26100+tax+license) with total of 11K in discounts and 0% finance.

So my 2012 Leaf SV lease is up in October and I just made my final payment. Last year I extended 1 additional year because I had yet to lose even one bar of battery capacity. But now It seems is a good time to get a fresh car with fresh and slightly larger battery, faster charger and quick charge capability.

How does this sound?
From Tynans of Fort Collins, CO
New '16 Leaf SV lease for partial taxes of $1246.00 down and then $220.00/month.
In Colorado I should get a $3400.00 state tax write off for leasing the 30kW version of this car.

In comparison, 10/2012 I leased my current Leaf SV for $204.00/month and $2999.00 initial payment.

The newer car with bigger battery (and adjustable drivers seat) is about $1200.00 cheaper over three years before taxes breaks are calculated. And the lease rate is low enough that I'd feel fine extending the term is there were't comparable deals going on then.

Anything better going on in Colorado?

State : California
Metro area/city : Los Angeles

Color/trim: Blue Exterior/Black interior / SL
Options: Premium Package, Floor Mats

Purchase or lease?: Lease
MSRP: $39,046
Terms: 12k miles/yr, $3000 drive out + 35 payments @ $319/mo
Total cost over 36 mo: $14,498 (including all taxes/fees)
Rebates: CA Tax Rebate for $2500 submitted
Residual Value: $12,604

Dealer: West Covina Nissan
Plans for home charging: 110V at Home and L2 charging when needed at work .

My second go around with a leaf lease (first one was a 2013 S-24).

2016 S (30 kwh) lease
MSRP: $33,900+
down payment: $1000
monthly payment: $300 (inclusive of taxes and fees)
term: 36 months
mileage: 15,000 / yr
residual value: $9100'ish

deal or no deal?

Thanks to DaveinOlyWa for his posting his full discount details! Helped me with my negotiations.

So if you bought the car after the lease, your total cost (without taxes) would be 20,600 for a 33,000 car. I never leased, so I don't know if there are more charges.

That is very similar to what I got for my 24kwh S. The benefit I got is that I got a monthly payment of $300 for 6 years (72 months) at 0% financing. If you lease, you would have to cough up 9100 dollars at the end of your lease in cash...

I personally like the idea of buying because no one can take the car out of my hands... Remember the EV!??

powersurge said:
So if you bought the car after the lease, your total cost (without taxes) would be 20,600 for a 33,000 car. I never leased, so I don't know if there are more charges.

That is very similar to what I got for my 24kwh S. The benefit I got is that I got a monthly payment of $300 for 6 years (72 months) at 0% financing. If you lease, you would have to cough up 9100 dollars at the end of your lease in cash...

I personally like the idea of buying because no one can take the car out of my hands... Remember the EV!??

You can always finance the purchase after the end of the lease, with a 3 year loan, for example.

Back