Interior light not working at night!?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lhudson

Hi,
I have a strange problem. My middle interior light stops working at night, no matter what position the switch is in I get no light. It's strange as it works fine in the day, when the sun goes down abit and the headlights kick in it still works, it's only after an undetermined amount of time does it stop working. Any ideas? It's a real pain the ass as I can't see anything in the car!
Thanks

All of the interior lights will go off after a time delay if you either turn them on with the switch or leave a door open (if car is not in ready mode). Once they time out, you must turn the switch off or close the door to reset the timer so the lights will work again for a little while.

Gerry

Re: the timeout of in the interior lights (I sometimes sit in my car w/it totally off while charging), I can get them back on by pressing the power button a few times or opening then closing one of the doors.

To save wear/tear cycles on the driver's door, I usually open the passenger's side door. (On an old '91 Camry, some of the power windows quit working because wire(s) connected to the driver's side window controls broke, likely from all the door open/close cycles on that door. At least the dealer fixed it for pretty cheap.)

Back