Fob Battery Low Already?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PianoAl

Our LEAF is about seven months old. Today, I got this display

XWhXtQf.jpg

which Googling tells me means the fob battery is getting low.

Seems a little soon, but I guess I'll just replace it.

It could also be just a bad battery connection?? Personally I'd take the remote apart and look for corrosion and clean the contacts, once apart I'd probably just replace the battery anyway, they are generally quite cheap(couple of bucks in a 3 pack at my local big box hardware store). Again personally I'd replace the smaller capacity 2025 with the 2032 which is the same price but half again the capacity. Note it's a bit thicker than the original and might require a bit of squeezing to get the remote back together but both my remotes did accept the larger battery.
Oh on your picture, you've put on 14.5k miles in 7 months :shock:

That's not my picture. Just pulled it off the internet.

I never use the buttons, but the bedroom is just above the garage. Hmm.

PianoAl said:
That's not my picture. Just pulled it off the internet.

I never use the buttons, but the bedroom is just above the garage. Hmm.

Try keeping the fob(s) in a foil-lined box, so there is no communication with the car when it's in your room.

There is a warning in the owners manual that keeping the fobs near to a device that transmitts radio signals such as your cell phone will greatly reduce the life of the battery so if you keep your fob in the same pocket as your cell phone or place them together on your desk or in a drawer then the battery will not last very long.

Maybe it's just me, but that graphic of the key and "fuel gauge" doesn't really tell me much. The gauge seems to be reading 3/4 full as easily as 3/4 empty. I guess it gets the job done.

Back