Electric cars are a big, big problem

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LTLFTcomposite

http://blogs.barrons.com/stockstowatchtoday/2016/11/29/delphi-automotive-why-electric-cars-are-a-big-big-problem

We see an emerging risk to top-line growth and profitability for even the world’s best suppliers, particularly those with significant exposure to the internal combustion ecosystem.

That's a sad thing :(

In a good sort of way...is what you meant, right?
The fact is the automobile ecosystem will experience a dramatic shift in electronic components as EV penetration rates rise (and they will).
Same as any other disruptive technology.

Delphi, the maker of those super craptacular radios in the Pontiacs in the 90's, you know the ones that would suddenly turn the volume all the way to the max with no apparent reason because the pots in the knobs were junk? :lol: :lol: Man, I long for the day when all of these gas vehicles are gone for good.

Roughly 25% of Delphi’s global profit comes from its powertrain division, a collection of businesses that optimize the combustion of diesel and gasoline through highly engineered pumps, injection systems, fuel delivery, exhaust flow, emission canisters, throttle controls, and sophisticated control modules.
All engineered away in a proper EV.

Short!

C-Stores seem like they could be on the disruptee short list. If you accept the assertion that they make most of their money when someone comes in and buys snacks EVs could work in their favor with a few DC charging stations.

In any case this is going to be a long transition.

i agree with you, you would think that C-stores would like this, plug in you car and come in and buy snacks all kinds of stuff. should be good for business right?

Back