End of Lease Strategies?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hunter1969 said:
Hunter1969 said:
I called today and they said that the discount program has stopped, and all end of lease buyout negotiations have to be done at the dealership. No more monthly changes to the discounts.

I am going in tonight to see how much they want for me to buy out my 2015 SV. I do not have high hopes.

The dealer gave me a price of $13,200 and it worked out to $14,100 out the door after sales tax and tag. Last month Nissan offered me $3000 off of my $17,000 lease buyout. So in the end I came out better off, for the most part I came out ahead by the amount that my taxes worked out to be.
Is this offer still valid? Which dealer? I also want to buy out my 2014 Nissan

I also want to buy out my lease, but want to wait for 2 things to happen that should cause the buy out to be reduced. 1. Chevy Bolts to get on the road in numbers, Nissan to announce the 2018 setup.

already said this once but it bears repeating. Nissan is giving away 30 kwh LEAFs right now. I got my lease; 3 years, 15,000 annual miles, zero down, $245 a month. That was almost 2 months ago. the deals are BETTER now.

The best part is that the deep discounts have caused them to slash residuals and my residual is $9K. That is almost worth buying! Remember, in 3 years I will have more capacity than a new 24 kwh pack!

DaveinOlyWA said:
already said this once but it bears repeating. Nissan is giving away 30 kwh LEAFs right now. I got my lease; 3 years, 15,000 annual miles, zero down, $245 a month. That was almost 2 months ago. the deals are BETTER now.

The best part is that the deep discounts have caused them to slash residuals and my residual is $9K. That is almost worth buying! Remember, in 3 years I will have more capacity than a new 24 kwh pack!

Right, you always get the best of everything, e.g. the least battery capacity loss, the best Leaf deals,
and the greatest range. How about scanning your latest Leaf deal and posting it for the forum.

lorenfb said:
DaveinOlyWA said:

Right, you always get the best of everything, e.g. the least battery capacity loss, the best Leaf deals,
and the greatest range. How about scanning your latest Leaf deal and posting it for the forum.

http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com/2016/11/in-with-new-introducing-era-of-eco-b.html

DaveinOlyWA said:
lorenfb said:
DaveinOlyWA said:

http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com/2016/11/in-with-new-introducing-era-of-eco-b.html

A simple scan of the final contract would suffice, your "life history" is not needed.

It's been a long time since I was on the board but I wanted to share my lease buyout experience. I upgraded my 2011 to a '13 SL when my first lease expired. I had planned to buy the '13 and was hoping to get a price at least $6k below my buyout of $15.4k. My lease ends in March.

This week, NMAC sent multiple emails and called me to discuss end of lease options including VERY COMPETITIVE buyout options. When I called they said they couldn't discuss specific incentives and I had to contact my dealer. I reached out to five area dealerships via email. One gave me $5k in dealer assistance ($12.7K OTD) and the other 4 gave me nothing. They just quoted the buyout cost of $15.4K. There are hundreds of LEAFs coming back on the LA market in the next few months and several low mileage, late model cars available now for less than $10K. There is no way I am buying my own car and saving it from auction unless I get an offer below $10k. NMAC should be handling this as they have in the past by giving us transparent incentives.

Strange isn't it? Especially after they've given as much as $7k. But you might not know that if you don't read this forum. Plus, they may be hoping that the way dealers intimidate people saves them some money. So, let them lose money. Someone else will get a cheap used car.

LBCev said:
It's been a long time since I was on the board but I wanted to share my lease buyout experience. I upgraded my 2011 to a '13 SL when my first lease expired. I had planned to buy the '13 and was hoping to get a price at least $6k below my buyout of $15.4k. My lease ends in March.

This week, NMAC sent multiple emails and called me to discuss end of lease options including VERY COMPETITIVE buyout options. When I called they said they couldn't discuss specific incentives and I had to contact my dealer. I reached out to five area dealerships via email. One gave me $5k in dealer assistance ($12.7K OTD) and the other 4 gave me nothing. They just quoted the buyout cost of $15.4K. There are hundreds of LEAFs coming back on the LA market in the next few months and several low mileage, late model cars available now for less than $10K. There is no way I am buying my own car and saving it from auction unless I get an offer below $10k. NMAC should be handling this as they have in the past by giving us transparent incentives.

so NMAC didn't give you a price in writing? I was sent a post card with the buyout price and simply instructed to take it my dealer (well any dealer will do... )

DaveinOlyWA said:
so NMAC didn't give you a price in writing? I was sent a post card with the buyout price and simply instructed to take it my dealer (well any dealer will do... )

No, NMAC did not provide a buyout price in writing. Further, they would not discuss it on the phone and instead referred me to my dealer for the specific incentives available to me. It was frustrating as NMAC initiated contact with me - not only through mail, but email and voice messages.

LBCev said:
DaveinOlyWA said:

No, NMAC did not provide a buyout price in writing. Further, they would not discuss it on the phone and instead referred me to my dealer for the specific incentives available to me. It was frustrating as NMAC initiated contact with me - not only through mail, but email and voice messages.

yep. just another example of random, on the fly rules Nissan and NMAC seem to be soo pervasive with.

Nissan is telling us to check with our dealers. Mine is selling 2015 LEAF's exactly like my own for $9,999. Same, Very Low mileage...8k.

I haven't checked in with the sales staff for an official offer...but my lease is up in 6 months. The 5.5% Finance price isn't great. I can't see the dealer pricing this car at MORE than they're selling used models of the same year.

It's a 4th car in the family, so I'm analyzing whether it's going to be worth it. Will save wear and tear on another vehicle and maintenance. Gas prices likely going up...but only moderately. Insurance costs around $100/month. But I've already got the 240v EVSE and a convenient hookup. Dealer is 5 miles away for a fast-charge...I've only used that 1 time in almost 4 years.

Without the $5k rebate offered by the State of Georgia (which made leasing this car essentially $50/mo) getting a newer model isn't likely.

The used car lots will be the big winners in Nissan's stubborness as current leesee's who want to buy their cars are quoted prices that are 40% over the retail pricing on the street after the cars go to auction. Why pay $14,000 for the car when you can turn it in and go buy one just like it (maybe even the same one by chance if you were to wait) for $10,000. Or $8,500 in my area. Soon to be $7,000 by May-August when the peak of the 2014 turn-ins really swamps the auctions. Nissan would be wise to track the local retail pricing of the Leaf and adjust the lease buy out offers to match so as to help the dealers and keep the profit out of the used car lots.

We have a '13 SV (36mo lease) with the lease up in Feb. Was just told by one dealer that Nissan is giving 8k off for 13's. Makes our buyout right around 6k. I said I wanted it in writing, and he was gonna double check and call me Monday.

enrohT5 said:
We have a '13 SV (36mo lease) with the lease up in Feb. Was just told by one dealer that Nissan is giving 8k off for 13's. Makes our buyout right around 6k. I said I wanted it in writing, and he was gonna double check and call me Monday.

that deal might be gone. Nissan is changing their stance every other minute...

Could be - I checked with multiple dealers back in November, and the most they were offering was $5500 off. This particular sales guy said new discounts would be out in January since it's a new quarter - he just emailed me and said this is what he read yesterday. I also contacted another dealer, who said he'd call me Monday after talking to NMAC. We'll see!

Back