Chevrolet Bolt & Bolt EUV

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
evnow said:
In Leaf I can put the umbrella stroller and have enough space for a couple of large water bottles and a few grocery bags. How's Bolt ?
Not as much room as the Leaf but still a decent amount. According to what I have read on gm-volt, you can fit 5 carryon suitcase, standing up right in the trunk with the seats up. If you remove the roll up 'cover' you could stack two more carry on suitcases horizontally.

jhm614 said:
Not as much room as the Leaf but still a decent amount. According to what I have read on gm-volt, you can fit 5 carryon suitcase, standing up right in the trunk with the seats up. If you remove the roll up 'cover' you could stack two more carry on suitcases horizontally.
That seems to be pretty much the same as the LEAF, especially the '11-12 which has the OBC in the trunk. I would think one would be hard pressed to fit 5 carryon sized suitcases in the trunk of the LEAF under the cargo cover.

evnow said:
LeftieBiker said:
I've read quite a bit at the Bolt forum, and the consensus is that the Bolt is bigger inside than the Leaf, with seats that really fold flat. A consensus is also emerging that, if you're more than 150lbs and at all wide or tall, you won't like the Bolt's seats.
Sounds good - since I'm << 150 pounds ;)

I'm interested in trunk space when the seats aren't folded. Unlikely I'll ever fold them in the time I'll have Bolt before I get Tesla 3 - since taking out the child seats is a pain.

In Leaf I can put the umbrella stroller and have enough space for a couple of large water bottles and a few grocery bags. How's Bolt ?

same height approximately without false floor but not nearly as deep. no dimensions but based on one person's description. it sound like depth is slightly more than 20 "

By comparison; the LEAF at rear lip level is 31", at top of seatback, its roughly 25"

size wise (which isn't a good measure due to differing shapes) Bolt is 16.9 cu feet to LEAF's 23.6

LTLFTcomposite said:
Some guy posted a metric crapton of detailed Bolt pics here

http://m.imgur.com/a/darM4

Thx for the link. Difficult to tell from this photo how deep it is. We need a VR video !

u3LjPrW.jpg

DaveinOlyWA said:
same height approximately without false floor but not nearly as deep. no dimensions but based on one person's description. it sound like depth is slightly more than 20 "

By comparison; the LEAF at rear lip level is 31", at top of seatback, its roughly 25"

size wise (which isn't a good measure due to differing shapes) Bolt is 16.9 cu feet to LEAF's 23.6
This gives me pause.

Do I want a 3x range EV with less functionality for 3x the lease price ?

Ioniq may be a better option - but
- still not on sale
- will be special order in WA, meaning have to pay MSRP

All I want is a decent alternative to Leaf - after 5 years !

It looks great with the back seat folded, nearly flat floor.

I'm not a clothes horse so it would work for me, but you guys with your matching 5pc Louis Vuitton sets could be unhappy :lol:

evnow said:
Thx for the link. Difficult to tell from this photo how deep it is. We need a VR video !
Photos here probably give you a better idea: http://www.mychevybolt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4794

Bolt LA -SF road trip details, including rain, temps down to 45 deg., heat/defrost use, Grapevine effect: http://boltev.blogspot.com/

I drove one the other day and my first impression was that it was not as quiet as the LEAF in the cabin and with motor noise was very loud for an EV. The white hard dash trim parts have a strange web texture that looks like a layer of dirt. The seats are sort of "bucket" like and the look and feel of the seats and interior feels substandard in a way, perhaps less than the LEAF. The regen off pedal is average and there is a plastic cheap feeling paddle on the back of the steering wheel that allows for much more regen, however it is on/off and seems as a very crude implementation that will put off many users. I did not spend considerable time with the car but I was left feeling the car was a bit overdone in some areas and lacking in others with nothing very impressive noted. The outside does not feel cheap but does look very utilitarian.

LeftieBiker said:
The "motor noise" is probably the VSP. I haven't seen any other comments about it at the Bolt forum..
VSP (at least in the Leaf) turns off around 17 MPH, so if speed was higher for the test drive this is unlikely to be the cause.

Lessees are posting current quotes at the Bolt forum.

Don't know if you can do much better than this on a fully loaded Bolt, or not.

Bolt Lease Advice

Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:26 pm

I've ordered a fully loaded Chevy Bolt Premiere...

MSRP on this configuration is $43510. I don't believe that, currently, many dealers are willing to go below MSRP on the 2017 Bolt...

Here are what I think are the relevant numbers...

MSRP $43510
Selling Price $43510 (Discount $0)
Gross Cap Cost $44185 (MSRP + Doc + Acquisition Fee)
$2500 CCR from GM
$1073.89 of GM CCR applied Upfront (1 month advance payment + License Fee + ?)
$1426.11 of GM CCR applied as Cap Reduction
Net Cap Cost $42758.89
$0 Down from Customer
36 months
12k miles
59% residual
MF .000721
Monthly Payment (pre tax) $524.01
Monthly Payment (incl tax) $564.62
http://www.mychevybolt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5628&sid=3603bff171e235bfd1d860cafe2b178b

LTLFTcomposite said:
It looks great with the back seat folded, nearly flat floor.

I'm not a clothes horse so it would work for me, but you guys with your matching 5pc Louis Vuitton sets could be unhappy :lol:

I'm not sure if I'm going to get dinged for this but lets say this board is okay with catering to a multilingual crowd. Here is a video by Saul Lopez. Saul is a known Electric vehicle enthusiast who owns a Leaf and a Tesla S. He does literally dozens of videos on both the Tesla S and the Leaf as well as the occasional other EV as well as the industry in general. He is a huge resource for those of us who speak spanish and his videos and council helped us in our quest to purchase a second EV, our new 2016 Leaf SV. Anyway, if you want to see a neat video on getting various size suitcases in the trunk of a leaf this is useful for those who are trying to decide if it will work for them. Just turn the volume off. He currently lives in Norway so if it looks nothing like Spain there thats why. He is from Madrid and his dialect reflects that so for those who do speak some spanish it may sound a little different than what you are used to. We are used to it from our trips to Madrid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iT3RFNralM

Here is another recent video where he talks about the range difference he gets in Norway and in Madrid. As he points out, in Madrid suburbia, mixed highway city driving, 200 KM in a 30 KW leaf is actually quite easy. Hope somebody finds this helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFelt5xhvYs

edatoakrun said:
Lessees are posting current quotes at the Bolt forum.

Don't know if you can do much better than this on a fully loaded Bolt, or not.

Bolt Lease Advice

Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:26 pm

I've ordered a fully loaded Chevy Bolt Premiere...

MSRP on this configuration is $43510. I don't believe that, currently, many dealers are willing to go below MSRP on the 2017 Bolt...

Here are what I think are the relevant numbers...

MSRP $43510
Selling Price $43510 (Discount $0)
Gross Cap Cost $44185 (MSRP + Doc + Acquisition Fee)
$2500 CCR from GM
$1073.89 of GM CCR applied Upfront (1 month advance payment + License Fee + ?)
$1426.11 of GM CCR applied as Cap Reduction
Net Cap Cost $42758.89
$0 Down from Customer
36 months
12k miles
59% residual
MF .000721
Monthly Payment (pre tax) $524.01
Monthly Payment (incl tax) $564.62
http://www.mychevybolt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5628&sid=3603bff171e235bfd1d860cafe2b178b

Are those CCRs coming from the fed tax credit? $564/mo - I'll pass.

You can lease an LT with no options (including the nicer colors) for $2500 down and about $305 a month, plus tax. Sound any better? There are also a couple more reviews of the seats, and it's becoming clear that GM wanted to limit the Bolt's appeal to small, fit people with rock hard butt muscles. A preference for pain while driving will also be a plus.

LeftieBiker said:
You can lease an LT with no options (including the nicer colors) for $2500 down and about $305 a month, plus tax. Sound any better? There are also a couple more reviews of the seats, and it's becoming clear that GM wanted to limit the Bolt's appeal to small, fit people with rock hard butt muscles. A preference for pain while driving will also be a plus.

Once all the pre-orders and must have buyers are done we may see good deals. This car is way over priced IMO.

What do you guys think of the Bolt winning the North American Car of the Year award?

http://insideevs.com/chevrolet-bolt-captures-coveted-north-american-car-year-award/

I kinda knew the boly would come In at least 10 grand more than the leaf. We decided on the leaf over the bolt because.

1. Not proven yet. Get the bugs out fur a couple years. Leaf is pretty reliable.
2. Didn't actually like what saw.
3. Price. Wow. Extra range is useless to us so not worth any extra money.
4. It's a Chevy so.....

webeleafowners said:
I kinda knew the boly would come In at least 10 grand more than the leaf. We decided on the leaf over the bolt because.

1. Not proven yet. Get the bugs out fur a couple years. Leaf is pretty reliable.
2. Didn't actually like what saw.
3. Price. Wow. Extra range is useless to us so not worth any extra money.
4. It's a Chevy so.....

Kinda true 1-4. To be honest 2011 2012 Leafs also were not good enough.
On the other hand 30kWh version that costs almost as much as 2011 models, looks almost identical, but much much better.
Mostly inside. Heat pump, better battery. Better interior options.

As a car that is 5 years younger than Leaf, Bolt is not good enough. It would be in 2014.

Also CCS should be much less available for now.

Back