Manual running AC/Heat using charger without nav

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matthavener

Hi, I'm new. I recently bought a 2015 S with no navigation package. I'd like to be able to walk to my garage and turn on the climate control. Is this possible without the climate timer? I just want to warm up the car 15 minutes before I depart. I've tried a few things, but when I turn on the car, it seems to freak out.

I have a 2015 SV. In the morning I go out, turn on the car as if I were to start driving, turn on the climate control (with recirculation on), then leave it while I finish getting ready. During this time it's still plugged into L1 and it's in my garage so nobody can hop in and drive off. It beeps a few times because the key goes out of range, but it otherwise doesn't seem to care. When I go to leave I just unplug the charger, throw it in the trunk, and head out. It's nice since I can set the climate control low enough that it doesn't use up any of the battery. Once I've got L2 then I'll start using the timers.

You have to fully boot the car - foot on brake pedal. Then set the climate control as if you are going to drive it, but instead of putting it in "gear" just get out and come back in 10-15 minutes. You shouldn't even have to leave the key in it.

.....but after unplugging car you will be required to restart the car, that is put your foot on the brake and push the power button, otherwise it won't shift into gear.

Furthermore, in my 2011, I must be actively charging the battery before I start all of those steps (the battery can't be full). Nissan has made a lot of changes since then, especially the CC.

Reddy said:
Furthermore, in my 2011, I must be actively charging the battery before I start all of those steps (the battery can't be full). Nissan has made a lot of changes since then, especially the CC.
I think the '12 models were the same, at least mine is. Like you said the car has to be charging and I've also noticed at least when plugged in, the A/C button needs to be ON, even if you just want heat. During heating while plugged in, if you turn off the A/C the heat goes off as well :? but when just driving you can get heat without having A/C on....go figure :?

Back