[SOLD] Curt 11396 Trailer Hitch for LEAF w/ U-Haul trailer ball & shipping ($100)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FalconFour

(SOLD! But keeping the post here for the information about wiring and such. :) )

I have this:
http://www.curtmfg.com/part/11396

It's fairly well used, but, as bare metal goes, it's still perfectly fine - just removed it when I swapped for a 2" receiver (this is a 1-1/4"). I got it used, myself, for the same price - but as it's now even more used, I'm throwing in the ball as well. :)

Includes the mounting hardware (except the fish wire used for installation, which never worked right for me anyway - a clever solution of your own is recommended), ball/adapter thingy that works great with U-haul trailers, and the hitch itself. Instructions available on Curt website.

To tow, you'll also need one of these trailer wiring converter boxes to be wired up and installed -- http://www.curtmfg.com/part/56227 - and the 12v power connection is the worst part! For mine, I pulled up the rear seat cushions (they literally just pop up and out), removed the trunk liner, and fished it from the trunk area, under the rear seats (zip-tied for security, out of the path of brake lines), through the battery disconnect area (also zip-tied out of the way), through the center console, up to the 12v Aux port, and I soldered a point to the inside of the Aux port to power it. Therefore it's safely both fused and switched with the car. Works absolutely perfectly for all the tens of thousands of miles, couple years, and many tows I've put on it.

(SOLD!)

Yeah. If I recall correctly, you enlarge two holes and drill one extra. Three holes (two enlarged, one new) are needed for installation, two of which are mounting and one is used to get the bolts through. This is where the "fish wire" comes in handy - you thread (or otherwise attach, i.e. with tape in my case) the bolt to the fish wire, feed it through, and pull the bolt down into place.

edit: hnnnggg, content filters on "bolt". :lol:

Back