New Leaf Owner : Is the ride bumpy or is it just me?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have heard that the higher trim 17" rims are bumpier due to less rubber between the car and the road.

:eek: No wonder. Mine is SV .....
i do pump tires to 40psi. With higher tire pressure, still bumpy and little bit under damped, but sort of better feeling of the road.

If you don't like it, don't buy it.

I have the feeling that cars are being built more and more to go faster and faster. That requires stiffer suspensions. (NASCAR vs rock crawlers) There are also better, most sophisticated suspensions (like Mercedes Benz suspension that is hydraulically integrated with the braking system.) But the Leaf was built with an economy suspension that's been around since at least the 1960's (MacPherson front struts and solid rear axle.)

I have owned 4 LEAFs and I never found them bumpy. To heavy to bump around like most econoboxes.

I would say the one driven must have been defective or it was just you being too critical.

Ok, just took my Corolla out for its twice monthly exercise run and I can say without hesitation that my LEAF's ride is NOT bumpy! :shock:

I had a Lincoln Towncar prior. It doesn't get more cushy than that. When I test drive the Leaf, I was expecting a harsher ride. But, I was surprised at how smooth it was. It has become more stiff once I inflated the tires above 40psi. But, that's to be expected. Overall, it's a pretty nice ride.

Back