Nissan offers 2G Leaf owners a $199 3G upgrade, with just 24 days left

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2012 43,500
Bit the bullit and did the replacement upgrade back in late January. Never really worked at 100%. Got to the point that all I could get were two messages: parked near a charge point and charging complete. Went to the dealer today and had the LEAF tech look at it. He was concerned that my OBDII for my LEAFSpy had cooked the telemetrics computer. I told him I've n ot heard of any LEAF owner with LEAFSoy having problems. He did some more testing and got down to an educated guess that just maybe the telemetric upgrade computer -since it was one of the early models might be defective. Replaced it with a new one and just told me that fixed all the problems! Under warranty so it's free. Now on to the windshied washer nozzle for the 2nd time.
Think I'll keep the car a bit longer as I got the free HV battery replacement back in March.

Any idea what this costs today? I've been without it since last January. I tried to get it done butI drove my Leaf 65 miles to a scheduled appointment at a Nissan Dealer only to be told "sorry, we're not certified to work on EV's". It would kind of nice to be able to preheat the car now that it's winter again.

Too bad you can't just pop in a SIM card and send text messages directly to the Leaf.

Or better yet... A remote "start" button on the fob.

IssacZachary said:
Any idea what this costs today? I've been without it since last January. I tried to get it done butI drove my Leaf 65 miles to a scheduled appointment at a Nissan Dealer only to be told "sorry, we're not certified to work on EV's". It would kind of nice to be able to preheat the car now that it's winter again.
I'm not aware of any change in price.

That's terrible! You should let Nissan corporate know about the above useless dealer.

It's not that uncommon. I made an appointment a few years ago at Saratoga Nissan (now under new management) for a couple of recalls, snows off, and cabin filter. The next day I was told that the filter and tires had been done, but they weren't certified to work on the Leaf, so the brake recall wasn't done. No apologies. When I got there, they had "lost" the snow tires (they "found" them when I insisted they find them Or Else) and the new cabin filter I had provided was sitting right where I had left it. They had charged me for replacing it but hadn't done that, either. And no, they hadn't installed a Nissan filter. I watched them replace it and it came out dirty. No real apology for that, either.

The "good" dealer I use now charged me for a 4 wheel alignment last Spring; I later discovered that the Leaf can only have the front wheels aligned. I'll probably order my 2018 Leaf from them, because they are the "best" I have available here.

LeftieBiker said:
The "good" dealer I use now charged me for a 4 wheel alignment last Spring; I later discovered that the Leaf can only have the front wheels aligned.
I'm not completely sure how the Leaf's rear suspension is put together but it is similar to my Golf's rear suspension. In the Golf the rear is also "not" adjustable. But it can be done by shimming the axle stubs (not sure if the Leaf has axle stubs or not). However, I've had it done twice on the Golf by two different shops and it costs $300 each time. So I found that it's cheaper to just buy the alignment tools and to order shims. It does take a day or two to do it though.

Back