Charging in/around Bowling Green, KY

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperJETT

I'm buying a 2013 SV (87% SOH) and the owner has agreed to meet me in Bowling Green, KY. I have to get to Louisville, KY, about 122 miles north. I can get a charge in Elizabethtown which is about 40 miles from home, but have to get a solid charge in Bowling Green to get there (80 miles) and I'm just not seeing the best option there via PlugShare. Based on the 80 mile leg, I'm thinking I need to top off a little somewhere in between just for insurance.

The Ford dealer has apparently changed to Fords only.
The Chevy dealer is Volts/Bolts only.
The Corvette plant is Volts only.
There are 2 hotels that are options, I wouldhave to pay for a full night likely to use them but will be travelling during the day.
The Nissan dealer said they didn't offer charging. (I called)
There is a KOA campground that I could pay but would need a L2 portable charger. There is also a KOA up the road a bit around Horse Cave, same deal.

Options? Should I look into shipping instead?

silverone said:
If you have access to a tow vehicle, a car dolly is a pretty cheap rental, especially for a short distance like this.

Neither of our cars can tow that much rolling weight and we live in Louisville which tends to not have that many trucks, at least not in our circles of friends.

I think at this point I'm probably going to get a room at the Best Western to hang out in while the car charges. It's much cheaper than paying to ship.

Be sure to confirm - in writing perhaps by e-mail, that they will let you charge while you stay there.

Is it seriously that good of a deal versus what you can get in the Louisville area? Seems like a lot of extra hassle and expense for what should be soon a fairly available model year with lease expirations ongoing.

It is/was that good of a deal, mainly because EVs haven't caught on that heavily here in Louisville (or Kentucky, COAL COUNTRY!) so there aren't that many available for sale here. There is enough charging infrastructure that it's worth owning one (plus I can charge at work), there just aren't that many used ones available. Nashville is heavy in used ones since Nissan USA's hq is south of there and there are a surprising number of DCFC stations in TN. For comparison, there is ONE in all of KY in Florence.

The seller can't meet me in Bowling Green now, so I'd have to ship and that cost would kill the deal I think, plus the seller has been kind of a pain to deal with, and truly doesn't want to sell I think.

Back