Recent 2013 SL purchase

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lerronious

Just drove home a 2013 SL with 35K Miles here in south west Virginia. I was completely sold after the test drive as I expected a tin can, rattle box, economy-compromise experience. I love this car and look forward to being part of this community. My only real irritation is with the obsolete 2G radio.

Via Leaf Spy:
AHr = 59.02
SOH = 90%
Hx=89.88%
3 Quick Charges
1600 L1/L2 Charges
SOC 44.5%

I have 0 G, and am fine..... I have an S without all that navigation crap. Also, I don't need to know how my charging is doing on my phone....

Agreed! I was pleasantly surprised to see all twelve bars during the test drive. Actually, I assumed the dealer might have performed the rumored capacity reset. Whoever owned it before me really took care of it.

Congrats and welcome to the world of Leaf ownership. I'm a new owner of a 2013 myself I bought in October. I was nervous at first but don't regret it at all, I will never go back to ICE.

SurfHawk said:
Congrats and welcome to the world of Leaf ownership. I'm a new owner of a 2013 myself I bought in October. I was nervous at first but don't regret it at all, I will never go back to ICE.
Comments like this really make my day! Thanks. Now I know why I paid full MSRP back in 2011. Without the early adopters, all of these great deals on used Leafs would not be possible.

Congratulations! I bought my 2013 SL in November and am loving it!

The 2g obsolescence did become a pain on January 1 at -36*F when in order to get the car to heat up off of charging current several times in a day I had to go out and fiddle with the climate control timer every single time in that awful weather. As soon as it warms up enough to make the journey to the nearest Nissan dealer I'm getting it upgraded!

But other than that it's been a great car! Pure luxury by my standards. Yes, the SL options like the 4 way cameras and the Bose sound system are IMO a bit overkill. But hey! Who says you can have too much overkill! :mrgreen:

Lerronious said:
Dropped the first capacity bar this morning at 41,240 miles. I hate to see it but guess it's just part of the experience of owning an EV.

Definitely a rite of passage with this car.

I don't think I'll be too far behind you. I've heard and experienced that you won't lose much capacity when the weather cools, though. In fact, I seem to gain GIDs when the weather cools.

Back