Leaf Price / Discount discussion thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As someone who has been watching this board since I bought my Leaf, I wanted to pass along what I was able to do at my end of lease purchase.

So, I just bought my 2014 at the end of lease....

Buyout: $12k
Remaining Balance: $13.5k

Purchase Price: $5.5k

I am shopping to lease for 3 years a 2017 Nissan Leaf SV in San Francisco Bay area, CA. Could somebody share their recent leasing experience, the dealership and price quote.

Not what you wanted, exactly, but dealers in the East seem to be sticking to Nissan's terms. They are, currently, for the 2016: $1999 down and $279 a month for an SV without Premium. The 2017 seems up around $400 a month. I don't know who is leasing those.

I just submitted my VIN to two local dealers, to see what they offer as a buyout on my 2013 SV. I doubt they will get low enough to interest me. The original residual was something like $19k.

LeftieBiker said:
I just submitted my VIN to two local dealers, to see what they offer as a buyout on my 2013 SV. I doubt they will get low enough to interest me. The original residual was something like $19k.

That was also the residual on my 2013 SV. The buyout offer I got from NMAC in early January was under $8,000. I realize these buyouts seem to vary widely, but it certainly makes sense to ask.

LeftieBiker said:
The buyouts are on the balance not the residual.. unless you've reached that and they are not showing you the balance on the website. You do have a nissan website that you can login to and see the payments you've made and the balance so far?

got the following from nissan sunnyvale
2017 SV - 36 Months Lease
- 3k Down
- VPP Incentives + Existing Leaf Incentive
- $99 per month including tax

Contact Leo@9258268688

When I sent my VIN I mentioned that I found out about the buyouts on this site (not by name) and that I'd seen cars similar to mine bought out for less than $5k. I got one response today, and...they offered $5k. I'd want to make sure this price is inclusive of all fees (but not sales tax) but the offer is...tempting. My range is inadequate for next Winter, so the plan would be to drive the car a few more months until I find the EV I want, at a reasonable lease rate. If I like the Bolt I could wait for prices to drop. I could also wait for the Ioniq. Then I'd either resell the car for maybe $7 or $8k (it only has 16,000 miles on it and used Leafs are rare here) or maybe get a dealer to give me $5500 for it in trade, after negotiating first with "no trade."

This is certainly unexpected.

Thanks. Although I'm still wondering if it's a break or, as that tentacle-y guy from Star Wars would say, "It's a trap!"

Has anyone extended a Nissan Gold Preferred warranty? I got a "four year" (one year from the time I bought it) warranty from Jim Bone Nissan last Spring, and was wondering what it would cost to get one more year, paying month by month as I am now.

bpodbielski said:
As someone who has been watching this board since I bought my Leaf, I wanted to pass along what I was able to do at my end of lease purchase.

So, I just bought my 2014 at the end of lease....

Buyout: $12k
Remaining Balance: $13.5k

Purchase Price: $5.5k

Hi Bpodbielski,
I have 2014 leaf S without QC. I leased for 36 months at $230, no down. Residual at $12100. Lease will end in June 2017.

Thinking of buying out. How did you get the purchase price of $5500?, yours has QC, does it mean I can get a better purchase price? Do I have to pay for remaining 4 months lease payment if I buy out? Can I do the buy out at your dealer? I called NMAC today, I was told to deal with dealer, NMAC no longer offer any discount , is this true?

The dealership where I leased my 2014 S offer me to take a new lease of a NEW 2015 SL with premium package. Yes 2015. It seems this is the last one in the lot. Should I lease this instead? According to the salesman, it is a 30KW battery pack. Does anyone know if 2015 offer 30kw battery pack? What would be a good lease price? I don't mind to lease it if it is very low lease price and really a 30kw pack. Any recommendation?

The dealership where I leased my 2014 S offer me to take a new lease of a NEW 2015 SL with premium package. Yes 2015. It seems this is the last one in the lot. Should I lease this instead? According to the salesman, it is a 30KW battery pack. Does anyone know if 2015 offer 30kw battery pack? What would be a good lease price? I don't mind to lease it if it is very low lease price and really a 30kw pack. Any recommendation?

Didn't you ask the same thing in another topic? As far as we know, there are NO 2015 30kwh Leafs. I'd be concerned about the state of the pack in the 2015.

Hello Kasa,
I actually contacted Leo and asked him for a quote, but he quoted me something much less attractive.

Would you be willing to help me, so that I can ask Leo to match me a deal same as your.I need the name on your lease and date of lease/transaction so I can use it as a proof. You can send me a private message with the info.

Thanks a lot,

Sagi

kasa said:
got the following from nissan sunnyvale
2017 SV - 36 Months Lease
- 3k Down
- VPP Incentives + Existing Leaf Incentive
- $99 per month including tax

Contact Leo@9258268688

Hi Shop2order,
I am also looking to lease 2017 Nissan Leaf SV model in bayarea, can you please let me know what is the best offer that you got so far.

I am not VPP member and I dont have leaf.

Thanks

I just returned my 2013 S and leased a 2016 SV from Nissan of San Francisco for $107/month with taxes and $4500 down ($2000 after state rebate). I think they included a leaf loyalty discount of some sort and it was the last 2016 on the lot so they wanted it gone. I do qualify for VPP but it would have been a worse deal than what they offered me, according to them anyway. I never saw the actual numbers on the VPP deal.

Anyone had any luck negotiating a buy out price in Austin? Town North leased me a 2013 four years ago, extended my lease twice. Told them this time I was either buying it or terminating my lease and they gave me a buy out price of 20k. It is my residual since I had a really low payment, but no way I am paying $20k for a car that sells for $8k. Going to contact some other Nissan dealerships, but not holding out much hope. Is there something else I should be asking for?

Thanks for any help

Kenric said:
Anyone had any luck negotiating a buy out price in Austin? Town North leased me a 2013 four years ago, extended my lease twice. Told them this time I was either buying it or terminating my lease and they gave me a buy out price of 20k. It is my residual since I had a really low payment, but no way I am paying $20k for a car that sells for $8k. Going to contact some other Nissan dealerships, but not holding out much hope. Is there something else I should be asking for?

Thanks for any help
Do you have a login to the Nissan website? The one where it shows your previous payments and displays a balance. Does it show $20,000?

Hi all - first post.

I'm shopping for a 2017 SV to lease in the SF bay area. I started by proposing a deal at $8100 total cost including tax through lease return on 36 month / 15,000 miles per year. That equates to $0.18 / mile, which I arrived at by casual research at ev-vin.blogspot.com. Post-purchase incentives from state and utilities will take the cost per mile below 10 cents.
I've received one offer close to my terms, but I'm wondering if I picked a good starting point.

I don't intend to keep the car past 3 years. I have assumed that I don't need to care about agreed value, cap reduction and residual, but am I missing something?

thanks

Back