LEAF Advisory Board, the sequel...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An equally good question would be, what have they accomplished in the intervening period and why no feedback? NDA does not explain it all...

drees said:
DNAinaGoodWay said:
Any LAB updates? Is it still in existence?
Yes, LAB is still going strong. Another team is being assembled and I'm sure Chelsea will be making an official announcement soon.

That is a good question.
I do agree that communication could be better, but the NDA restricts members from saying basically anything learned through the LAB unless already disclosed through Nissan PR.
I can say that there are a number of announced changes to future LEAFs that appear to be influenced by LAB feedback and input.
I hope that Chelsea will elaborate more if she is able.

cwerdna said:
I used to remove them, but didn't like them floating around in the back (I put them in a bag). I ended up just turning them 90 degrees so they obstruct a little less.

I have the organization thingybob in the trunk, so one of the headrests stows away nicely in the nook between the right rear fender and the organizer, it stays put and keeps clean there. The other floats around the trunk and does rattle around some.

LeftieBiker said:
I keep just one rear headrest installed (passenger side), and that works fine. I have never had three passengers in the car.
We keep the seat backs folded down, as it improves cargo room. If we do have passengers, it is quicker to fold the seatbacks up than to retrieve and reinstall the head rests.

Cheers, Wayne

That's true, but I just don't like the way the car looks inside with the seats folded. It would be better if they folded flat, into a seamless cargo area configuration.

LeftieBiker said:
That's true, but I just don't like the way the car looks inside with the seats folded. It would be better if they folded flat, into a seamless cargo area configuration.
Ahh, we have a 2011 with the cargo organizer, so it does fold flat. Cheers, Wayne

Heard Chelsea on NPR this morning and it reminded me that we haven't heard from the LAB in a long, long time. Would love an update. Specifically, when's that gen 2 going to get here? What are they thinking? I can go lease a Bolt this afternoon.

DNAinaGoodWay said:
Heard Chelsea on NPR this morning and it reminded me that we haven't heard from the LAB in a long, long time. Would love an update. Specifically, when's that gen 2 going to get here? What are they thinking? I can go lease a Bolt this afternoon.

I'd assumed the LAB is no longer. I have two thoughts as to why it was created in the first place and why it's no longer active.

1. Andy Palmer gave it birth and believed in it. It has languished since his departure.
2. Conspiracy angle, it was created as a PR stunt to placate users as much as possible and thereby limit Nissan's liability once they realized they'd be on the hook to resolve battery issues.

I want to believe the Andy Palmer angle. Not sure I'm right to do so.

As far as I know it still exists. While I understand that NDAs prevent them from giving anything away, I'd like to add emphasis through their back channel that Nissan's ability to delay release is limited before they begin to loose their early advantage in the market. Odds are my next lease would be a gen 2 if it's comparable to a Bolt, but if they dither much longer I may not have that choice.

It would be great to get a LAB update. Nissan and the Advisory Board alway impressed me. I still think it is amazing that a giant, foreign company did this. It hasn't always been a straight line and it took some prodding. but Nissan's care for customers and EVs has been impressive over the years. They didn't just hide away and stone wall. They did stuff. God, I hope they rock Leaf 2.0 The market needs them and I want to stay loyal to Nissan.

Back