Leaf Log Viewer Website for Leaf Spy Users

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, found a couple of files in the log_file directory with that app, Log_A0200165_354.csv & TripChrgLog_A0200165_354c4B.csv
How come these are a different name to the name the app suggests when I ask it to save (eg ES_1504181633)?
How come there are only 2, I must have saved half a dozen these last few days fiddling with this?
I still can't work out how this app helps me get these files off the phone via dropbox since they are still hidden when I plug into the PC?

I do like the battery voltage histograms though, I could watch 'em all day. My 18 month old pack is down to 11 bars & when I jump on the accelerator the histogram splits nicely into two with all the weak cells clustered on one voltage and the other half of the pack (all the good cells) up the other end of the v axis centered on a different voltage. Nice data presentation.

Not sure I believe this graph, pack temperature on the day was only a couple of degrees above outside temperature.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/frnsy6ibpzwrtcz/chart%20%281%29.jpeg?dl=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kris1 said:
Not sure I believe this graph, pack temperature on the day was only a couple of degrees above outside temperature.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/frnsy6ibpzwrtcz/chart%20%281%29.jpeg?dl=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Outside temperature reading is only valid when the Leaf is on. When the Leaf is not on (say charging or 15 minutes after charging) the CAN bus will report a false reading of around 20 degrees.

Kris1 said:
OK, found a couple of files in the log_file directory with that app, Log_A0200165_354.csv & TripChrgLog_A0200165_354c4B.csv
How come these are a different name to the name the app suggests when I ask it to save (eg ES_1504181633)?
How come there are only 2, I must have saved half a dozen these last few days fiddling with this?
I still can't work out how this app helps me get these files off the phone via dropbox since they are still hidden when I plug into the PC?

I do like the battery voltage histograms though, I could watch 'em all day. My 18 month old pack is down to 11 bars & when I jump on the accelerator the histogram splits nicely into two with all the weak cells clustered on one voltage and the other half of the pack (all the good cells) up the other end of the v axis centered on a different voltage. Nice data presentation.
The files you provide LeafLogger are the Log_xxx.csv files from the LOG_FILES subdirectory.

The Elevation and Speed files you saved have nothing to do with LeafLogger. The are saved in the GPS subdirectory. All the data for the ES_xxxx.csv files comes from the phone GPS and not the Leaf.

You first need to setup the ES File Explorer app giving it access to your Dropbox. Then you can copy and paste files between the LeafSpy directory and the Dropbox directory. No need for any PC cable connection.

There is currently a version of LeafSpy Pro available to testers that integrates the Dropbox function so you only need to check which directories you want sync with Dropbox and the update rate. New/updated files are then copied automatically to your Dropbox without the need for any other app.

I hope this site is still active. I tried registering but it gives me nothing. I been logging some trips in my leaf and would love to play around with leaflogger. Thanks in advance for any help provided.

Salchc said:
I hope this site is still active. I tried registering but it gives me nothing. I been logging some trips in my leaf and would love to play around with leaflogger. Thanks in advance for any help provided.
http://leaflogger.com/Login.html site is up and running. I just registered and uploaded some log files successfully yesterday.

has anybody out there tried the source code? It's on github... https://github.com/kevinlieb/LeafLogger/issues
It's a php/mysql type of deal. i loaded it up on a little linux server i keep for experimenting but i couldn't get it to go.

ebeighe said:
Salchc said:
http://leaflogger.com/Login.html site is up and running. I just registered and uploaded some log files successfully yesterday.

has anybody out there tried the source code? It's on github... https://github.com/kevinlieb/LeafLogger/issues
It's a php/mysql type of deal. i loaded it up on a little linux server i keep for experimenting but i couldn't get it to go.

I was able to register and upload a log to leaflogger.com as well.

I did manage to set it up locally from the source on github. It hasn't been updated in a couple years and has a lot of small problems. Biggest of which is its built against old Google Maps APIs that are deprecated, so the map portion doesn't work at all. I'd also be cautious about uploading any data you wouldn't want public to leaflogger.com - from looking at the github code there's some risky data handling going on. Maybe it's fixed on the leaflogger.com version since clearly there's been some updates since the latest github release, but I haven't tried to verify that.

If you want to get it working locally, make sure it's restricted so it's not publicly accessible. It's not safe to run publicly accessible. Rough overview of steps/fixes needed:

1. Create the mysql db and setup permissions, edit connect.php with the credentials/dbname
2. Fix BatLogToDb.php:91, DeleteTrips.php:7, and Login.php:42 to remove the hardcoded database name by changing all "leaflogs.leaflogs" to "leaflogs"
3. Fix BatLogToDb.php:10 to if (false)
4. Create a user by manually inserting an admin user (which contrary to the readme, doesn't exist): INSERT INTO users (users_email,users_password,users_is_admin,users_units,users_trip_delimiter) VALUES ('user','password encrypted by php md5 function',1,'US',10);
5. Create uploads and logs directories
6. Download a bunch of missing css, js and images files from leaflogger.com that are missing from the github repo version. Use Developer Tools in your browser to identify which files are missing. You'll also need to allow foreign/"unsafe" js to load jquery before you can successfully login.
7. Elevation doesn't work because GenericFeed.php is missing
8. Can't do user registration because CreateUser.php is missing
9. The log to db loader doesn't escape strings properly, edit your log files before upload to replace all ,na, with ,'na', (or work in proper escaping into the code)

After all that, the SOC and Thermal charts will work, the entries table will work, but the map and elevation chart will not.

Back