Just bought first Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SueDonim

Hi all,

I just purchased my first Leaf. 2015 X model (which I think is equivalent to the SV (the middle grade) in the US).

Like all Leafs in New Zealand, it is a used import from Japan. 10,600km (~6400 miles). 62.7Ah / 95% SOH.

MNL has been a great help in learning about these, and I bought LeafSpy last week to check out the batteries of the ones I was looking at.

Great help in determining which ones were of interest and gave me credibility with dealers (actually put me ahead of several of them).

Anyway, thanks to all for helpful site and look forward to interacting with you all.

Ironically, Nissan dealers seem to know less about Leafs than the general public, or at least the segment of it interested in buying a Leaf. Congrats, and enjoy.

Thanks Leftie,

Can't even get Nissan dealers in NZ (for Leaf). They overpriced the car, then pulled out of the market since they weren't getting buyers. Duh

Picking it up tomorrow night. Looking forward to it, especially since my current car (Prius) is 9 years old with 240K km.

SueDonim said:
Hi all,

I just purchased my first Leaf. 2015 X model (which I think is equivalent to the SV (the middle grade) in the US).
Like all Leafs in New Zealand, it is a used import from Japan. 10,600km (~6400 miles). 62.7Ah / 95% SOH.
MNL has been a great help in learning about these, and I bought LeafSpy last week to check out the batteries of the ones I was looking at.
Great help in determining which ones were of interest
Well done!

Auckland sounds like a perfect place for a LEAF temperature wise.

Definitely good temp-wise. The hottest it has gotten here (in the 6 years I have lived here) was about 82 deg F. Feels hotter, but from a battery perspective, not bad at all. I recall it once getting to about 34 deg F in the winter, but normal low is about 40.

Congrats on your first Leaf :) I'm very close to buying mine although I'm wondering if I should hang on a little longer until the new Leaf is out & then there might be more cheaper 2014/15 leafs available over here in the UK!!!!

Back