Wholesale value of the 2013 Leaf @Auction-March '18

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could you post the numbers for a 2013 SV ? I see the SL numbers (8K average). My dealer is asking me for 9.6K for my 2013 SV with 29K miles. Want to make a case that it should really be 7.6K or I walk away...

sunil said:
Could you post the numbers for a 2013 SV ? I see the SL numbers (8K average). My dealer is asking me for 9.6K for my 2013 SV with 29K miles. Want to make a case that it should really be 7.6K or I walk away...

Estimated retail for a '13 SV with 29K miles is $9.9K. Wholesale is $6.4K

Thank you. So my dealer's buyout offer (9.6K) is at close to retail price of 9.9K, and way above the wholesale price of 6.4K. Lets see if I can negotiate something in the middle. Thanks again.

Hi - thank you so much for this post! :D

We recently decided to look into a used Leaf, and this is really giving some perspective.

Would it be possible to provide an end-of-year 2016 update for each of the trim levels?

Again - thanks for putting this together. Super info!

Here are the March 2017 Wholesale numbers for the 2013 LEAF S, SV, & SL Models.

2013_LEAF_S_Wholesale_03-21-17.png

2013_LEAF_SV_Wholesale_03-21-17.png

2013_LEAF_SL_Wholesale_03-21-17.png

Here is the June results for 2013 S/SV/ SL which is where all the action is right now because of lease returns. Manheim has a new presentation format that gives more options for estimating wholesale value of a vehicle now:

2013_LEAF_S_Wholesale_06-06-17.png

2013_LEAF_S_Wholesale_06-06-17-1.png

2013_LEAF_SV_Wholesale_06-06-17.png

2013_LEAF_SV_Wholesale_06-06-17-1.png

2013_LEAF_SL_Wholesale_06-06-17.png

2013_LEAF_S_Wholesale_06-06-17-1.png

I am thinking about attending a public auction this weekend for a 2013 SL. Do these numbers mean the market is going back up? The average price a leaf was sold for in auction in March was around $7,525 whereas the average for June is $8,775. Is that correct? Or is the MMR equal to the estimated retail? I was hoping going to an auction would make this possible for me.

CarPortal said:
Orient, What's your take on why the wholesale values have gone up so much in the last 6-9 months? Less off lease supply combined with greater export demand?

Demand for used EV's has grown significantly in the last two years in both the domestic and export markets. Supply has also grown, but it's primarily demand for the vehicles. In the US the awareness of the environmental benefits of EVs continues to grow for fast followers, thanks in large part to the aura of Tesla as an aspirational brand. Unfortunately many in that segment may not have the means to purchase a new EV, so they are shopping the pre-owned markets.

This is the old supply and demand curve.

Back