Leaf Leasing Advice/Pricing

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MalachiConstant

I leased a new 2016 Leaf about 7 months ago, and was involved in an accident that totaled my Leaf last week.
My insurance is covering the cost of the vehicle to the Nissan dealership, and now I'm looking to lease another Leaf.
I've been offered the 2017 Leaf SV with Premium (camera system and Bose) for $1,100 down and $209/month for 24 months.
They're saying 'we're losing money on this deal because we need to get new cars in', but in reality, is this a good deal considering it's technically my second Leaf lease? I realize that it depends on the residual at the end of the lease, but I don't know that I plan on buying out the vehicle at the end of my lease.
Thanks for any input.

I shopped around, and another Nissan dealership is offering a 2016 SV w/Premium for $2,500 down and $78/month.
So the 2017 down payment + 24 months of ($209) payments = $6,116
& the 2016 down payment + 24 months of ($78) payments = $4,372

From what I can tell, there's really no difference between the 2016 and 2017. Would they increase the residual for the significantly better deal? What would be a reasonable residual for the 2016 SV w/premium? Thanks again for the input.

This really should be in one of the leasing buying topics, but here's what you want: the residual should be in the $10k-$12k range. If you don't want to keep the car, you want a high residual. If you aren't sure, $12k is still a good price for buyout, after a low lease.

MalachiConstant said:
I shopped around, and another Nissan dealership is offering a 2016 SV w/Premium for $2,500 down and $78/month.
So the 2017 down payment + 24 months of ($209) payments = $6,116
& the 2016 down payment + 24 months of ($78) payments = $4,372

From what I can tell, there's really no difference between the 2016 and 2017. Would they increase the residual for the significantly better deal? What would be a reasonable residual for the 2016 SV w/premium? Thanks again for the input.

Interested in this deal. Can I have the dealership name?

Back