Considering leaf - so many questions!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys you are awesome any pics to show where I find the build date? Carfax says built in late 2013.

What does the qc pakckage entail?

QC package means you can use L3 charging (CHADEMO connector) to charge your Leaf from low battery to 80% in about 30 mins.

Also, it means the Leaf has a built-in L2 charging rate of 6.3kW, which is twice as fast as a regular S model on L2 chargers (240V x 27.5A)

Another question thanks for bearing with me. When you say test drive it and use 25% of the charge, how do I ensure I'm draining my 25%?

Sticker looks like this:

SOC%20sticker.png

To switch views on the center console LCD screen, you use the button group shown at the top of this photo:

130902-buttons-IMG_8952s.jpg

Top left one cycles through the views, and you want to press that until you see the %charge view.

You can also cycle through, using that same button, until you reach the trip counter screen. Press and hold the bottom left button in that group to reset the trip counter.

The one on the left is the QC CHADEMO port, but that looks like a blank plate. Is that for the same "urgent" car you mentioned before? Weird, as the original sales sticker shows it has the QC package but, based on that photo, it looks like it doesn't.

Check the VIN on the door sticker I mentioned, I'd be very surprised if the original sales sticker had the wrong info RE QC package. Perhaps the salesperson is showing you the wrong car? VIN you mentioned was 1N4AZ0CPXDC418806

Thanks again guys. It is the same car supposedly. I wasn't sure if that cover opened or if it's just a holder and no qc. I'll make sure to check VINS.

And this is a blank plate on an S model with no CHADEMO:

M-front-plug.JPG

Your photo looks less like the blank plate than a closed CHADEMO port, but it's hard to be sure from your photo

That's the pic the dealer sent me. It doesn't have the four screws / bolts around the edges. Are those stickers ever wrong?

I'll try but I think my contact left for the evening. Either way this seems like a decent deal to me if the battery is in good health. The qc would be nice but I can charge at work and home and all over my area so it's not a deal breaker.

I noticed kbb says this car should be more. I just kind of assume kbb is horrible at estimating these. If the battery checks out is this deal still good without the qc?

If it's an S with QC then it's a good price, less so for just a regular S. Higher mileage puts off some newbie buyers, but with an EV the battery health is the most important thing ;)

Carfax shows it had a lien on it at some point, just be sure it doesn't still have a lien against it.

I'm not seeing a lien. I only see this:

Title issued or updated
First owner reported
Titled or registered as personal lease vehicle
Loan or lien reported

I see it says loan or lien but not sure what this is saying since it's the same day it was registered as a lease vehicle.

Heading to check this out. I'll report back after.

This is an awesome community. I read all the posts thoroughly and feel I have enough info to make a decision!

Just remember, the battery is by far your biggest concern. Ask for a Leaf Spy screenshot, as knowledgeable dealers can provide that, then verify the %SOH reported by Leaf Spy against the 25% battery depletion test (trip mileage on 25% charge x 4, look for at least 70 miles total range based on that).

Back