Nissan Connect EV - Connecting to Leaf now failing

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My resting 12v charge is at 12.45v after parking all night. If that is the reason for the TCU not working, then I'll just wait until it ages closer to death before buying a new battery. I have had an Optima in my Amazon basket for a few months now, but I'll just suck some more life out of the OEM one.

What helps me is I park in the garage at home, and in the basement at work. So preheating or precooling is more of a gimmick than anything else.

Have a used 2013 Leaf with the 3G TCU. Reading through this thread, I think I'm going to try and pop the negative plug and reset the battery, with my brother's help. He's the car guy. First though I'll see if he can check the voltage. In my case, the car still sends data to Nissan as far as I can tell. I can still see my driving data through the app and on the owner's portal. Also, I can still send google maps to my car just fine. I'd like to ask those who have had problems with the app, was your TCU not working at all or just partially? I still have some function, but can't use the app to start charging or check SOC or start the climate option. I just now deleted the carwings data and reset the user ID and password so I'll know in a little while if that worked.

Thank heavens for this topic!

The dead cell connection has been killing me and I really need the pre-heater with winter approaching.

I disconnected the 12v for 30sec. Connected. Took a nap.. got paged "charge complete"! Side note, did not even loose my radio presets buy did have to turn off the start up sound effects again, no biggie.

Now... to track down the fuse that powers this cell unit TCU? and add a switch to more easily power cycle just the TCU.

So now that I disconnected the battery cable and I was able to get it logged back in after leaving for 1 hr and reattaching, the car is again able to download everything it needs. However my app 3/4 works. Almost everything on it works, have logged out of it too and back in, and then I can get battery status, kind of. I can remote start the vehicle, see eco results... I CAN NOT just refresh it and get a battery status. I have to perform some other function on the app first that requires connection and let it gets its update, then logout of the app and back in again, and then I see the battery status as of the time I performed that previous action or connection. If I try to refresh or update the battery status again at that point it just doesn't work.

(Funny enough, there is a little app in the iPhone app store called EVA , and that can connect fine now and I can get battery status that way and also precondition car from it. But there is something not working in the new nissanconnect EV app. Also when I add the alexa skill onto my echo, it has the same problem, can never get the battery status.

Back