LED Headlight kit 2017 Leaf SV

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NeilBlanchard said:
powersurge said:
I really don't like the idea of a cooling fan that can fail and burn out your headlights.. don't they make these with a heat sink instead??

I have some that use copper braid loops for the heat sink, and they work well. They look like this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X74YM3C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

71I2hJ-8lNL._SL1200_.jpg

How do you fit the driver box?
I have a SV 2017 and I doubt I can fit the driver in the tight space under the dust cover.

LeftieBiker said:
How do those install to the stock wiring harness?

They have a driver circuit in a small box, that connects to the stock plug.

You can't use the cover with any LED - not this one, nor those with fans. The driver box sits in behind things and they have been fine for over a year.

LeftieBiker said:
I have some that use copper braid loops for the heat sink, and they work well. They look like this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X74YM3C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Neil, I'd really like to read more from you about these. Are the low beams as good as the OEM halogen low beams? I'll be driving my current Leaf a lot longer than I thought (I'm getting the lease extension to get a 2018) and I want to fix the terrible high beams, but not at the expense of the low beams, because I use Low 90% of the time.

The stock bulbs are a bit spotty, and the LED's I have are slightly differently spotty, and a lot brighter. So, they work well for me, but not always for other drivers.

The units posted by ditosdad look interesting. They are also a bit less "cool" color at 5700K vs 6000K on the units I have.

I am totally spoiled by the stock LED headlights on our e-Golf - which are essentially perfect, in my opinion. The have no discernible spottiness with a very wide and even spread - and the cutoff at the top is a crisp as anything I have ever seen.

correct. the dust caps need to remain off unless you feel like modifying them. I have a hard time understanding the function of the dust caps. The installed aftermarket bulb seals any contamination from entering the light housing. I suppose the dust caps could help if you feel like driving through 4 feet of water.

Oh and to an earlier post, the version I've linked/installed have a completely silent fan. Only downside is that the hi/low's do not work however the lows are much brighter.

I bought Auxbeam H13 installed them, they are nice and bright but they are aiming high. Does anyone know how to adjust the aim on 2017 Leaf S headlights?

kindred said:
I bought Auxbeam H13 installed them, they are nice and bright but they are aiming high. Does anyone know how to adjust the aim on 2017 Leaf S headlights?

Which model of Auxbeam that you have?
I bought one with fan but I had to return it.
The fan was noisy, even with the dust cap installed, I was still able to hear it from inside the car.
The hum was a bit louder and more annoying than the fan.

I bought the same Auxbeam and returned them, the fans were louder than the whole car.

I ended up buying Gear Up LED Headlight Conversion Kit, H13

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DLD3AUY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I couldnt get the bulb and the wire connectors to all fit in the dust cap. So I dremmeled a small slit in the bottom of the dust cap so the connector can dangle outside the dust cap. With some strong hands you can make the dust cap fit over the LED bulb.

I hated Halogen color and I am satisfied with the Gear Up LED bulbs.

Neat - those are a lot less money. How are they cooled? Do they plug directly into the car, or are there driver boxes? And are they low / high beam?

NeilBlanchard said:
Neat - those are a lot less money. How are they cooled? Do they plug directly into the car, or are there driver boxes? And are they low / high beam?

They are fanless. I bought ones with fans and found them too noisy for an EV doesn't make noise. They plug directly into the headlight connector.

kindred said:
NeilBlanchard said:

They are fanless. I bought ones with fans and found them too noisy for an EV doesn't make noise. They plug directly into the headlight connector.

Thanks!

Are they low / high beam bulbs?

Back