2015 for $11200 w 13700 miles

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ferrum

Hi, newbie here looking to buy this week. I have a short commute (15-25 miles) and was considering a used 2013-2016 as our first time with ev. Husband has a Prius. Found the below and was wondering, would the manufacturer warranty still be honored if claimed from not original owner? Is the comments on best practise for charging true (don't use quick charge/trickle charge, dont charge above 80% or below 20%). What issues should I be aware of for the 2015 model? Any advice would be appreciated. I live in Thousand Oaks and this vehicle is in Glendale,

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/6099956162.html
2015 Nissan Leaf S w/ Quick Charge Package & Factory Warranty

Selling my 2015 Nissan Leaf S. The car is basically brand new, with only 13,7XX miles on it. I drive the car every day, but my commute is minimal, so miles will go up slowly. Has factory quick charge port option for 30 minute ultra-fast charging. Car still has 16 months left on the factory 36 month/36K mile bumper to bumper warranty. Battery still has 41 months left on the factory warranty. Even the no-charge-to-charge free charge card that can be used to charge at many charging stations around the country is good until August. This car is basically brand new, showing almost no signs of use.

I baby all of my cars, and this electric car is no exception. I just took it to Nissan for its 15K mile battery check and multi-point inspection. As expected, nothing to fix or maintain, car is perfect! Battery still holds a full 100%, 12 bar charge. As recommended for best battery life, I never use the quick charger or trickle charger. I also never charge the car to more than 80% and never discharge below 20%. The only time the battery has ever been charged to 100% was to this picture for craigslist.

No accidents. Car has one minor scratch on the rear driver fender from a parking lot incident with a white pole. No body damage, dents or any body work needed on the car. Just a little paint touch-up if you can't live with it as is. See picture for detailed image of paint marks.

Car comes with white carpool lane stickers that allow you HOV lane access when driving solo. All factory paperwork, maintenance records, manuals included. Even have the original factory sticker. I paid over $30k new for this car less than 2 years ago. KBB private party value is $11,864. Selling below KBB. It is priced fairly, I am selling because I need something that can drive farther than 100 miles due to changes in my work situation. This is not a 2012 or 2013 Leaf with an old battery that someone is trying to dump on Craigslist. This is a well maintained, basically new car ready for a new home. Always garage kept, both at home and at work.

Please serious inquiries only. Cash in hand to test drive. If this ad is still up, the car is still available. No low ballers, or emails inquiring if I will take paypal or sell it for 2K. The above is a fair understanding of the quality and condition of this vehicle, and my price is fair and reasonable. Please be fair and reasonable in return. You won't find another Leaf as nice as this one. Looking for someone to give this a good home.

Deal offer: Meh

Buy from N California which has a more temperate climate and pay a few hundred dollars to ship. My LEAF cost $8300

How long did it take to ship from Norcal? Also, did you see vehicle in person before buying? I would not mind a completely online transaction but need to know what I need to find out.

I'm not going to comment too much on the price as it really seems to vary by market, a little over $11k for what sounds like almost a new car with some of the full warranty left(yes it would transfer to you) sounds somewhat reasonable to me. It sounds like the seller really knows his Leafs and if you can take them at their word, it sounds like it's been really babied. I like it when I see the owner has kept things like the original window sticker and such, again kind of tells me they were in it for the long haul and didn't originally plan to sell the vehicle and hence may have taken better care of it.

You asked about the 20-80% charging, yes that is best, more so in a warmer climate like So Cal or AZ/TX and as far as using QC, yes it can be hard on the battery if the battery is already warm to begin with, QC on a cooler battery should be just fine, just be conscious of the battery temp. Never heard the OEM 120v charger is bad on the battery, if anything it might be better as it charges slow and wouldn't add much heat to the battery. 120v(or L1) charging is less efficient though and quite slow, otherwise nothing wrong with L1. Note this car has the regular 24kw battery, newer Leafs might have the 30kw battery which would reflect in a higher price.

It's your call on the price, I'm sure you'll see Leafs priced lower that look basically the same on paper, this one does sound like it was cared for quite well though :)

Oh I'd imagine the tires are original, don't expect to get much more than 20-25k miles out of the OEM Ecopia's, many of the used Leafs with 25k miles would probably have new tires, worth $500+ depending on tires and where you got them......really check the tires over and pay close attention to outer tire wear, which doesn't mean it's out of alignment, just that the OEM tires were basically crap for wear, good for efficiency not for wear. Note the replacement Ecopia+ tires are quite a bit better for wear(I went with those) and also efficiency but they aren't known for the best handling(wet, snow, dry) I'd call them just OK for that.

Ferrum said:
How long did it take to ship from Norcal? Also, did you see vehicle in person before buying? I would not mind a completely online transaction but need to know what I need to find out.

1. Trivial to ship
2. No

https://carportal.co/#process

3. Request the LeafSpy report before you buy. It should not be difficult to find a car with 95%+ of new battery capacity.

I'm wondering how he managed to charge it only to 80% all the time, with no 80% charge limit available in '15. Either he really monitored charges closely, or isn't being honest. Also, never charging to 100% isn't best practice either. The pack is probably at least somewhat unbalanced.

The seller's photos disclose 83 mile range on a full charge, and lifetime 4.3 miles per kWh efficiency. With all the usual caveats related to changes in recent driving habits, that works out to a present day battery capacity of under 90%*

Double meh

*83 miles / 4.2 miles per kWh = 19.30 kWh to LBW.
Presuming a new battery is 22 kWh usable, this battery is 19.3/22 = 87%

@Leftie and @Jeff,
The seller has not posted LeafSpy and has garaged the car in the summer, submitting it to higher than ambient temperatures without ventilation. He may *think* he has babied the car, but I respectfully disagree.

LeftieBiker said:
I'm wondering how he managed to charge it only to 80% all the time, with no 80% charge limit available in '15. Either he really monitored charges closely, or isn't being honest. Also, never charging to 100% isn't best practice either. The pack is probably at least somewhat unbalanced.
+1, I didn't think of that but your right, a person really should charge to 100% at least every month or so, I do.
And a double +1 to 80%.....unless his EVSE had a feature to always stop at 80%, if thats even possible......
It's possible he's just a good salesman that knows what to say....

SageBrush said:
Ferrum said:

1. Trivial to ship
2. No

https://carportal.co/#process

3. Request the LeafSpy report before you buy. It should not be difficult to find a car with 95%+ of new battery capacity.

I like that concept! Only I don't know where the cars are from until I request the details? I can't find any reviews on them, how do I know this is not a scam? Which co did you use?

Thank you SageBrush, LeftieBiker and jjeff for all the pointers.

I need to purchase very soon as my vehicle was wrecked last week (it was parked and without occupants when hit). I managed to rent a used 2012 Leaf on Turo yesterday but only have it for a week.

Ferrum said:
I like that concept! Only I don't know where the cars are from until I request the details? I can't find any reviews on them, how do I know this is not a scam? Which co did you use?
I bought my car from this company (carportal.)

The owner Ravi Brar is a good guy, a LEAF owner, and above-board.
If you decide to give them a call, say hi to Ravi from Eric in Colorado. He'll likely remember me since I was his first outside California sale and it caused him some headaches but he came through with flying colors. He buys off-lease cars at auctions from the Bay area only. That had not always been the case, but I changed his mind about buying cars that hailed from the Southeast US after we spent some time comparing LeafSpy reports on the cars in his inventory.

jjeff said:
Oh I'd imagine the tires are original, don't expect to get much more than 20-25k miles out of the OEM Ecopia's, many of the used Leafs with 25k miles would probably have new tires, worth $500+ depending on tires and where you got them...
I see this mentioned all the time, I don't know what you guys are doing to your tires. I keep my tires at 40 PSI, drive conservatively and have 60,000 miles on my OEM Ecopia's on my 2011 Leaf. Clearly driving style has a major impact on tire wear. I will probably need new tires in another 10-20,000 miles.

Stoaty said:
jjeff said:
Oh I'd imagine the tires are original, don't expect to get much more than 20-25k miles out of the OEM Ecopia's, many of the used Leafs with 25k miles would probably have new tires, worth $500+ depending on tires and where you got them...
I see this mentioned all the time, I don't know what you guys are doing to your tires. I keep my tires at 40 PSI, drive conservatively and have 60,000 miles on my OEM Ecopia's on my 2011 Leaf. Clearly driving style has a major impact on tire wear. I will probably need new tires in another 10-20,000 miles.
I wonder if your '11 had better Ecopia's, more like the aftermarket ones? Car mfgs. have huge clout due to their buying volume and can basically pay what they want from say a Bridgestone. They say they want to pay $30(or whatever) per tire and the tire company comes up with a tire to sell them for $30. It will be safe and meet DOT standards but as far as wear and general handling.....well price was the most important point so I wouldn't expect much. Walmart does the same thing, but thats a different story.
It's possible being a first generation car your Leaf had a better compound tire, after all first gen products are generally built to a better standard and only subsequent models do they find ways to start saving money, to meet the public's expectations of a cheaper price.
For reference on the same vehicle, same person driving, I've got about half the mileage on my new Ecopia's as I got on my old OEM ones and they still look like new, I ran 40psi in the OEMs but have bumped up the aftermarkets to the max 44psi. By 10K(half the life I got on my OEMs) I could already see lots of wear, they were total crap tires IMO :( Even worse than the 12" OEMs I had on a previous new Geo Metro where I only got 35K and wasn't too happy. People always think they are getting such a great deal on 2nd or 3rd model year cars as the prices start dropping, there is a reason for that and it's generally not the car mfg. making less money........

SageBrush said:
Ferrum said:
I bought my car from this company (carportal.)

The owner Ravi Brar is a good guy, a LEAF owner, and above-board.
If you decide to give them a call, say hi to Ravi from Eric in Colorado. He'll likely remember me since I was his first outside California sale and it caused him some headaches but he came through with flying colors. He buys off-lease cars at auctions from the Bay area only. That had not always been the case, but I changed his mind about buying cars that hailed from the Southeast US after we spent some time comparing LeafSpy reports on the cars in his inventory.

I'll do that! They have not responded to my messages, I might have to call them.

Similar battery health in those two cars, but the second car is in slightly better shape. You can probably choose based on price or model trim. Anticipate losing the 12th charge bar sometime this year, most likely in the summer.

SageBrush said:
Similar battery health in those two cars, but the second car is in slightly better shape. You can probably choose based on price or model trim. Anticipate losing the 12th charge bar sometime this year, most likely in the summer.

Once I realized that the pack had to be kept cool, my capacity loss slowed a LOT. The car with 88% could hold that 12th bar until the Fall after this one, with careful charging.

LeftieBiker said:
SageBrush said:
Once I realized that the pack had to be kept cool, my capacity loss slowed a LOT. The car with 88% could hold that 12th bar until the Fall after this one, with careful charging.
Perhaps, or your impression is confounded by the known behavior of these batteries to have higher rates of aging in the first couple years and then taper somewhat.

It is always true though that batteries appreciate lower temperatures, all else being equal. This is why our LEAF has dibs to the preferred spot under a tree and not parked on concrete, and why we charge in the early morning hours. You have reminded me to nag the Parks and Recreation guy to let me paint a few parking spots. Parking on black hot asphalt is so not LEAF friendly.

SageBrush said:
Thank you! Is it customary to wire them the money when paying by cash?

Back