Touch screen

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mwalsh said:
Nice info, thanks!
I second that... Honestly, in my darkest thoughts, I was hoping you would find a way to just ditch the whole clarion unit and share how you accomplished that... I dont' like the Clarion, especially the need to go through sat stations I will never want or use...

That said, all is well that ends well...

This is the touch screen for the 2014 leaf. I install it tomorrow.

http://www.pacparts.com/part.cfm?sku=930780640977

Hey all, if you hit this thread in a google search it's likely because you broke your touch screen (or LCD) and don't want to pay $3k for an entirely new unit. I just did a successful touch screen transplant on my 2014. From PacParts the replacement touch screen is under $20, and the replacement LCD is around $130 (if you broke that too).

I posted part numbers and full instructions in another discussion thread:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21413

Well my wife broke the touch screen again on my 2011 Leaf. *sigh*. No biggie - I've replaced it twice before.

Except - Qy7200Na (930780649378) is now listed as "discontinued" at pacparts - arrgghh.

Does anyone know if later model touch screens will work such as the above mentioned 930780640977 at pacparts for 2014? Did anything change in this regard in later model Leafs?

Or does anyone have a clue as how to find the original touch screen replacement?

Thanks

af306 said:
Here's the touch screen news.

Good news: you do not have to replace the whole nav / radio / cd unit for $3600 just because your touch screen is cracked. The replacement screen is $22.19!

Bad news: the replacement screen is tricky to fit.

Touch screen is made by Clarion. Clarion Part number Qy7200Na

SKU: 930780649378.

I purchased my replacement touch screen from PacParts, Inc (http://www.pacparts.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) who were very slick and easy to deal with, and I highly recommend them. Price was $22.19.

PacParts phone number is 800 421 5080 or 310 515 0207.

If your actual LCD screen (under the touch screen) is damaged, a replacement part is also available from PacParts. SKU: 9300467159977, $152.36.

You need a #2 Philips screwdriver to get the nav. unit out of the dash, and a #0 Philips to dismantle the screen bezel to replace the touch screen. *BUT*, as the touch screen is tricky to fit, most people would probably be better off having the touch screen replaced at a Clarion service center. Service centers can be found under the support tab on http://www.clarion.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, then click on "service"

http://www.clarion.com/us/en/support/service/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I hope this information is found by those unfortunate enough to have broken their touch screen before they fall into despair and spend the $3,600 for a new box from Nissan.

Adrian

Hi!
How did you know that this Part number Qy7200Na fits your navigation system?

CLARION QY7210NA Mobile Electronics: Navigation System 2012
CLARION QY7210NC Mobile Electronics: Navigation System 2013
CLARION QY7210NK Mobile Electronics: Navigation System 2013
CLARION QY7210NN Mobile Electronics: Navigation System 2014
CLARION QY7213NA Mobile Electronics: Navigation System 2012
CLARION QY7213NK Mobile Electronics: Navigation System 2013
CLARION QY7213NN Mobile Electronics: Navigation System 2014
CLARION QY7220NA Mobile Electronics: Navigation System 2012
CLARION QY7220NB Mobile Electronics: Navigation System 2013
CLARION QY7220NC Mobile Electronics: Navigation System 2012
CLARION QY7220NK Mobile Electronics: Navigation System 2013
CLARION QY7220NN Mobile Electronics: Navigation System 2014
CLARION QY7220NP Mobile Electronics: Navigation System 2015
CLARION QY7223NA Mobile Electronics: Navigation System 2012
CLARION QY7223NK Mobile Electronics: Navigation System 2013
CLARION QY7223NN Mobile Electronics: Navigation System 2014
CLARION QY7223NP Mobile Electronics: Navigation System 2015

i`ve got Leaf 2013. so which number is correct? Please help me with this question)!

we cracked the touch screen on our 2015 leaf...the dealership told us the same thing - $3,250 replacement of the entire unit was the only fix.

don't listen to them. thanks to the lead of this post!

i bought the part at pacparts.com for $25 including shipping
took the car to cartronics in brentwood, tn
they replaced the screen for $120 and i tipped them $50.

win win

Has anyone figured out what to replace a cracked 2011 touch screens with? It appears the original pn Qy7200Na (930780649378) is no longer available.

Has anyone tried retrofitting a later model touch screen to a 2011?

I installed a 7220Na in my 2011 LEAF. The screen works, however the touch points were way off. Therefore, I'm also still trying to get the touch screen for the 2011 LEAF. Has anyone found a source for the Qy7200Na or know if the Qy7210Na works as a replacement?

So this weekend I broke down and bought this QY-7200N touch screen replacement off ebay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/152072267074

I installed it in my 2011 and it worked fine. It appears to be a new part in original condition.

However it was 4x as expensive (~$111) as the now unavailable pacpart part, but I couldn't find any alternative. And it still beats $4k Nissan repair.

Hopefully my wife won't break the screen for a fourth time...

A quick post for those who find this thread on Google after damaging their screen:

I damaged both my LCD and touch screen. I took the unit apart and by googling the model number on the LCD (mine reads "c070vw05 v0", I quickly found it on Aliexpress for $16. The touch screen however, is sold out, as noted above. After a lot of googling I tried searching for the lcd model name and "touch" (so "C070VW05 V0 touch"), and I found a replacement touchscreen from a different brand that looks completely identical. It's $30 here:

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/4001029375859.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.3f8f4c4d0zkxAy

Edit: Well, it was too good to be true. The touchscreen works, but it's not the correct one, and the touchpoints are off. It seems to be rotated 90 degrees.

Have you seen the YouTube clip showing how to access a hidden menu list - one of which is calibration of the touchscreen. Access to the hidden list is achieved pressing MAP three times, radio power twice and Map once

I’m looking at replacing my touchscreen on a 2015 Leaf as I’ve a dead zone in the bottom right of the screen making it difficult to use.

I see secondhand complete units on eBay for €400. Might be the way to go...

I got mine sorted. Yes the aliexpress screen was wired differently but it wasn't a deal breaker.

https://www.speakev.com/threads/touch-screen-not-working.157030/page-2#post-3185515

John.

af306 said:
You may be more sympathetically disposed to this kind of work than me, so maybe I'm being a bit of a scare-monger.

The replacement is tricky in the way that electronics often are. There are multiple connections which are very delicate, and I found that I needed several extra hands to hold the various parts to prevent dropping and stretching (breaking) the flexible tape connectors (one for the screen and one for the bezel). Access to the plug connections for these is under a circuit board, and can only be reached once the board is removed from the chassis, which necessitates releasing the strain relief for the main screen, which is very precarious. With care, I got it done, and I used masking tape as extra hands. It did require self restraint and some choice golf language to be successful.

I hope (should you need to do it) that its goes as well as mine did. The main thing is that you don't need to pay $3,600 for a new unit, which is a big relief. My local shop wanted $75 for labor, which would be worth it, if it prevents one doing further damage (which I narrowly avoided). I'll put it this way: if I knew then what I know now, I'd pay the service center to do it to reduce stress and risk for me. If you are masochistic, and like risking $3,600 for a $100 repair, or just like new and educating experiences, go for it. If you like boring, predictable and stress free activities, pay the man for what he's good at.

Adrian

Does the new display come with a new ribbon cable? My screen is fine but I'm fairly certain that my ribbon cable is damaged. Is the ribbon cable available as a replacment part?

Back