CHAdeMO power tapering question

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TonyWilliams said:
I didn't start at zero (and I used a 115 amp charger instead of a 125 amp charger). Staring at about 15%, I think.
What is the typical finish SOC in the US for a CHAdeMO charge? The providers here typically cut off at 95% max as the taper has got so slow by that point.

dwl said:
TonyWilliams said:
I didn't start at zero (and I used a 115 amp charger instead of a 125 amp charger). Staring at about 15%, I think.
What is the typical finish SOC in the US for a CHAdeMO charge? The providers here typically cut off at 95% max as the taper has got so slow by that point.
It varies by location. Many stop charging at 80% others go all the way to 100% but like you said it gets basically like L2 towards the end. I believe the ones that stop at 80% will go higher if you restart the charger but I'm not positive of that, free ones I've used charge as long as it's hooked up or to 100%. Note when I charge at places that have a L3 and L2 next to it, if I leave for a short time I place a sign in my window saying if charge is over 85% and they need the L3 to take it and hook me up to the L2 :)
I infrequently use L3, others may know more better when and if they stop charging.

Blink units default to 80% charge, but selecting 100% charge will yield about 95% SOC on the dash display of my 2015. EVgo units will charge to about 95% SOC on dash unless terminated earlier (again on 2015). 2011 did not have SOC display on dash, but GID Meter and Leaf Spy Pro would both show between 85% and 90% if 100% charge was selected on Blink unit.

Back