What do these DTC's mean?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VinceMH

I'v Googled and searched this forum, but haven't found any definite explanations. Any help greatly appreciated.

Dash Lights: Red triangle warning light, yellow triangle warning light, yellow car with exclamation point warning light. Car runs okay.

uc

Start with the simple things related to the front left tire

1. Check your tyre pressure
2. Clear DTCs and see if they return
3. Check your TPMS tire pressure
4. Pull the tyre off and check connections of the various wires

Does the car have any history to suggest damage in that area ?
Does you Significant Other change the subject when the LEAF is brought up ?

Tire pressures are okay.

I forgot to update the DTC's before screenshot. Here is an update.
The red triangle went off.

I got the TCU upgrade in January and it used to work. Now it won't connect. That's probably what the TCU message is about.
The St Angle Sen Calib might be the sensor that detects steering position. The reverse steering lines work, so not sure what's wrong.

What is the EV/HEV message?

I almost cleared the DTC's but the LeafSpy warning message changed my mind. Should I try that? Or is a trip to the dealer inevitable?

uc

I had the EV System Shutoff DTC two days in a row when the new telematics unit failed to send charge complete messages after charging (worked fine for a month and then gave the errors). A low 12-volt battery can also cause CAN Bus communication errors. I would take it to the dealer and let them troubleshoot the telematics unit. If you don't want to go to that trouble, clear the DTCs and then disconnect the 12-volt battery for a few minutes to reset the TCU. The incomplete shutdown caused my 12-volt battery to run completely dead while I was out of town for a few days. That seemed to reset everything and the telematics unit has been working fine for the last 3 months. Also, the DTCs have never come back.

The steering angle error will probably clear if you turn the steering wheel to full lock in both directions so the sensor can calibrate itself. Low 12-volt battery can also contribute to this error.

GerryAZ said:
I had the EV System Shutoff DTC two days in a row when the new telematics unit failed to send charge complete messages after charging (worked fine for a month and then gave the errors). A low 12-volt battery can also cause CAN Bus communication errors. I would take it to the dealer and let them troubleshoot the telematics unit. If you don't want to go to that trouble, clear the DTCs and then disconnect the 12-volt battery for a few minutes to reset the TCU. The incomplete shutdown caused my 12-volt battery to run completely dead while I was out of town for a few days. That seemed to reset everything and the telematics unit has been working fine for the last 3 months. Also, the DTCs have never come back.

The steering angle error will probably clear if you turn the steering wheel to full lock in both directions so the sensor can calibrate itself. Low 12-volt battery can also contribute to this error.

That worked!! Telematics work too. Thank you very much!

Dealer is 1 hour away, which is an all day affair (charging time mostly). That was an easy decision to give this a try.

Again, thank you!

And for the rest of the story...

GerryAZ's fix worked for a few days until one morning when it wouldn't go in gear and most of the dash lights were lit. I pulled DTCs and found about 10, most of them pointing to low voltage. After reading other posts, I installed a new Coppertop battery (from Batteries Plus), cleared the DTCs and all has be fine for the last month. Hope this helps others who experience these symptoms. Much better fix than bringing to the dealer!

cheers!

Back