ChargePoint Home charger and Amazon install?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ekendahl

So I'm tempted to install the ChargePoint Home "charger". Amazon offer install for $445. Seems expensive but convinent. Has anyone used their service?

Ekendahl said:
So I'm tempted to install the ChargePoint Home "charger". Amazon offer install for $445. Seems expensive but convinent. Has anyone used their service?

My EVSE charger install ran a bit less but was pretty simple (~40 ft from circuit breaker box, wiring along a knee wall) -- if your state provides an EVSE install rebate (a few still do) that could be the only thing where you might inquire if a local licensed electrician is doing the work; these 'one price fits all' may also not allow for > 100 ft from the box, etc. so read through what the fee covers. If yours is fairly complex (circuit breaker box in basement, long wiring runs, etc.) and you don't get an EVSE rebate and it still covers it, you may be saving money.

My install should be really simple as I want the external box mounted close to where our main fuse box is in the basement. They will need to drill a whole through the basement wall to get cable out but we're talking 10 feet of cable max.

I'm in Somerville, MA - there seem to be no rebates for installing a a home "charger"

even if you don't know anything about electricity you could, mount the charger, run the cable and conduit to your electrical box and then have electrician open up the breaker box and install a new circuit breaker, Assuming there are free spaces in your box. it is a 5 to 10 minute job, basically gonna be cheaper for yoru to hire locally by a factor of 300 % less probably, if you do a little pre work.

I had an electrician install a 40 amp circuit breaker and a NEMA 14-50 and then I installed the plug in version of the ChargePoint 25 with an 18' cord myself, it was really easy. I'm really happy with the charger, the unit draws 32 Amps and charges my 30 kW Leaf in about 6.5 hours.

Back