Curiosity Only - Near-100% Charging Behaviour

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LeftieBiker said:
OrientExpress said:
Yes, it seems likely that it is to cram more charge in. We learned of it via the articles that viewtopic.php?f=31&t=21628 references. That might be responsible for a small part of the higher EPA range rating of the '13 to '15 24 kWh Leafs (84 miles at 100% instead of 73).

On the MY 11 and 12 cars a factor in the lower EPA rating was because for the test they had to show the 80% charge range result and not the 100% rate. With the 80% rate removed in 2013, then they could now list the higher range rate.

You got this completely wrong, making other info you provide suspect. The 80% charge limit (different from an 80% timer setting) was implemented in 2013, the EPA lowered the range rating because of averaging in 2013, and the 80% charge option, including 80% charge timer, was then removed in 2014 in the US. It was left in place in other countries.

your statement is not completely correct either. In reality, things were changed and we only speculated as to the reasons.

your statement is not completely correct either. In reality, things were changed and we only speculated as to the reasons.

Read that again. I wrote that the EPA range rating went down because of averaging (fact) and that the 80% option in the US was dropped in 2014 (fact). You then apparently assumed I meant that Nissan dropped it because of the range rating, but I didn't write that - it was in your own mind. Please try to tell the difference between what people say and write, and what you assume that they are thinking when they do so. It was Orient Express who attributed a motive (one that doesn't stand scrutiny well because the option was left in place in other countries) to Nissan, not me.

Back