I LOVE the instant torque of my Leaf!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnKuthe

I was waiting in the left lane of a very busy NS highway in STL and you know those little spaces where you think "I could have made that"?

Well I MADE IT!! :) And I love me in my Leaf are always first off the line at red lights to green! Not counting the idiots on their "phones" when the light turns green! I leave them WAY BACK there!

John Kuthe...

City driving is a rare thing for me these days, but I always focus on the *next* light to try and avoid stops. It makes for a nicer ride and better fuel economy. Racing to the next red light is a fool's errand.

SageBrush said:
City driving is a rare thing for me these days, but I always focus on the *next* light to try and avoid stops. It makes for a nicer ride and better fuel economy. Racing to the next red light is a fool's errand.

This was thick of rush hour traffic in the CITY! I;m not trying to jack rabbit start too often, but when I have to/can, she's got it!

John Kuthe...

SageBrush said:

There is an intersection I pass through regularly which has the opposite problem. When heading west, they are timed such that there is about 15 seconds between the first turning green and the second going red. The vast majority of cars waiting at the first light end up stopped at the second. Not my Leaf. With all that torque at 0MPH, I can spring right through the second light before it turns yellow. Usually I'm the only car that makes it :D .

I'm not gonna lie. Every once in a while I floor it just to surprise people. I know it's less efficient driving that way, but I need to have at least a LITTLE fun now and then. I sold my M3 for this thing for crying out loud. :D

GetOffYourGas said:
The vast majority of cars waiting at the first light end up stopped at the second.
There's one like that near us too, and the LEAF got me past the second light more than, um, once or so. Since turning it back in at lease-end, it's a lot harder to launch my older 5-speed Corolla to do that without making a racket from wheelspin :)

Back