EVgo and Nissan data collection from NCTC charging

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

electromotive

When using an NCTC card/plan is data about the charging episode accumulated by EVgo and/or Nissan?
Specifically, is the VIN, mileage, distance traveled since last NCTC use, and any other data, gathered by either EVgo or Nissan?
EVgo tech support says "No".
I am reluctant to give a quick charge to a needy LEAF driver if/when such a situation arises.
Your assistance is appreciated.
Thank you

I believe, if anything, it is just the VIN that is passed along. I'm not 100% on this, and replying more to bump this thread than anything. But I seem to remember that was the answer the last time it was asked.

Per https://www.ez-charge.com/faq/, using a given EZ-Charge card is supposed to only be used for the vehicle it was assigned. Other usage is prohibited.

Since CHAdeMO uses CAN, the DC FC theoretically could read and collect the VIN, mileage, etc. A J1772 L1 or L2 EVSE cannot, since it's not in the protocol.

electromotive said:
?................
I am reluctant to give a quick charge to a needy LEAF driver if/when such a situation arises.

If occasionally you run across a "needy" Leaf driver, I wouldn't be reluctant. Help them out, then explain how they can get a charging card.

I have a ChargePoint card received as part of my Prius Prime purchase good for three months of free use. I've used it at a J1772 station without problem for both Prime and LEAF charging. By the time it expires, I think we will have collected at least $10 of free charging :mrgreen:

Back