What is a "Gid"?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the car serviced about 6 months ago and got all SW updates at the point. I also asked for their standard (crap) battery check, and it came out all 5 stars.

I charge every day at home, have only Chadmo charged once in 5 years, and the battery sits topped up (to 100%) every night until used the next day. We typically plug in after every drive, to make sure we have max mileage left for when we need to go anywhere.

Temp when i measured showed 68 degrees on the app - so thats the cars reading of outside temp. I live in San Jose CA, so its high 70's to low 80s right now.

"We typically plug in after every drive"

Better to let battery get down closer to 50% and never charge when battery is 80% or higher.
Reason
1. The Leaf battery works best when discharging or not being used the closer to 50%.
I don't have a reference for the science or engineering of why this works, I read this awhile back.
2. Nissan recommends not charging the battery until it goes to less than 80%.
I have tested this, and confirmed that keeping the battery at more than 80% all the time reduced the guess-o-meter miles and reduced the GIDS using Leaf Spy.

I started downshifting to “B” to slow or go downhill while also in the “ECO” mode.
This increased my guess-o-metter mileage and this morning after charging showed 88 miles!
First time that high and we lost a “bar” - have 11 bars now.

Measurements @ 74 degrees F
240 GIDS = 85.4% of when New 281 GIDS

SOC = 96.9%. Dashboard reports 100%
23 mv to 25 mv min to max cell voltage difference

Calculated 19.2 kWh remaining but Leaf Spy reported 18.6 kWh
GIDS X .08 = kWh

Averaging 4.0 miles/kWh
4 X 18.6 = 74.4 mile range
4 X 19.6 = 76.8 mile range

I drive until down to about 50% then charge with L2 at home.

ODO = 15,657 miles
QC = 4
L1/L2 = 853

Richard

Back