Leaf-Status website

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turbo3

Leaf Supporting Member
Pedro has created a website named http://www.Leaf-Status.com which can receive and display real time information about your Leaf sent by LeafSpy Pro. Both the Android and iOS versions of LeafSpy Pro will get this capability which is currently being released to testers. Once testing is complete it will be released to all current users of LeafSpy Pro.

Pedro's initial goal was to monitor his Leaf's SOC while charging on his Pebble watch.
6xDMIK.png

But the website also allows you to monitor the current location of the Leaf on any web browser.
rweH1d.png

One possible use for this feature is to allow someone to monitor your location while you drive. Say you are going to pick someone up. If you have LeafSpy running with this feature enabled the person waiting for you can see your progress. They no longer need to stress out about where you are.

This of course requires that LeafSpy Pro be running in the Leaf although once started it can be in the background during the drive. Once the Leaf is turned off the broadcasting of information stops.

To enable this feature on LeafSpy Pro go to the new Settings/Server panel, select Enable, set the send rate (once every 5 sec to once every 10 minutes), then enter the User ID, Password, and server URL provided by the Leaf-Status website once you register.

You can leave the Server set at "A". LeafSpy Pro allows you to define up to four (4) servers and then select the one to use.
jxXMED.png

I gave this a shot but when enabled it crashes the app.
I wasn't sure what to use for the server URL, am using http://www.leaf-status.com/.
On the leaf-status page it now has a 'last refreshed' timestamp, but no new values are shown (all set to the zeros default).
Sent in the crash log.
Thanks for looking at it.

I just set it up and like mr23 I didn't get any updates. My app didn't crash however. I drove home with it enabled and it still says last update N/A. What is supposed to go into the URL field on Leaf Spy Pro?

Hi,

I'm Pedro, the author of www.leaf-status.com.
I'm sorry for the delay on this topic. I didn't realize there was this thread going on. Only when a user sent me an email on the site, I realized there were these comments already.

It's true that the URL to insert in Leaf Spy is not very clear.
That's why I updated the webapp. The exact value is right next to "Last update:" label.
You should also insert your leaf-status.com username and password on the Leaf Spy "Server" section.

I hope it helps.

Cheers,
pedro

Back