2015 S DTC codes and Leaf Spy questions

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moneydown

I bought a 2015 S with charging options this month with 10,000 miles. After a few days of driving ~70 miles a day mainly using 120V charging at home and work with some level 2 charging at public locations, I got the EV warning light on the dash. Shortly after, my OBDII reader arrived and I set up Leaf Spy Pro, pulling these codes.
k7ScMQPPG5C73G5S8

In case the image link didn't work

C1707 0008 BCM Low Pressure RL WT-26
B2840 9608 CHARGER On Board Charger VC-74
B29C1 2408 CHARGER EVSE VC-98
P3171 0008 EV/HEV PD Module System EVC-241
P3170 0008 EV/HEV PD Module System EVC-241
P316C 0008 EV/HEV PD Module System EVC-238

After reading here and other places, it seemed the 12V battery might be the culprit. I tested this and got 12.8V resting (not on the EVSE, hood unlatched hours before so I hadn't recently opened a door) LeafSpy Pro is giving me a reading about .1V lower than my DMM. I read that needs calibrated but I can't find where to in my version of LeafSpy Pro.
Also, the EV Warning light does not always turn on each time I turn on the Leaf.

While I'm still under 10 months of the 3 year warranty, the dealer is far away and that is inconvenient if this doesn't need dealer attention.

My questions are:
What do these mean?
Would it be sound to clear these via LS and momentarily disconnecting the 12V battery to see if they are old issues or if they come back? My thought would be that since the light sometimes is not on and sometimes on, there is still an issue that needs addressed.
Even with a high resting voltage, could my 12V battery be the problem?

Thank you all for the help

Probably better if you had posted this to one of the LeafSpy threads.

The EV warning light, which goes away after a restart, has to do with a problem with the handshake when a charge finishes. It also seems to happen when the Jplug is removed rapidly while charging. Though there is no outward indication, charging is interrupted when the button on the Jplug handle is depressed. Only finish L1 charging by removing the Jplug, not unplugging at the wall outlet.

Sorry but I don't have the information to decode the DTCs.

Thanks for the insight. I was thinking it would be nice if there was a Leaf spy section, I'll have to check that out!

The first code is for low tire pressure (RL indicates rear left tire). Similarly, you could see RR, FR, or FL. The other codes are communication errors which you can clear using Leaf Spy. If the errors come back after clearing them, then take it to the dealer (with codes present) while it is still under the full bumper-to-bumper warranty. By the way, the EV system is covered by 5-year, 60,000-mile warranty.

Good to know! Thanks for the help with that. I've already got an appointment and loaner set up, so I am going to let them look it over for anything else as well but this software and community support are great.

Back