STUPID price on hail damaged 2017 Leaf SV

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SageBrush said:
I sure would not bother buying comp or collision insurance on this car.

Just opted for uninsured driver coverage, since I want the damage covered if someone ELSE messes up the car. Otherwise, I just paid off my NMAC account with a credit card transfer (2.99% for 18 months, should be long enough for me to get the $7,500 rebate and pay off the rest) so liability-only + uninsured motorist coverage it is for me! Saves around $250 a year at a $500 deductible.

eatsleafsandshoots said:
SageBrush said:
I sure would not bother buying comp or collision insurance on this car.

Just opted for uninsured driver coverage, since I want the damage covered if someone ELSE messes up the car. Otherwise, I just paid off my NMAC account with a credit card transfer (2.99% for 18 months, should be long enough for me to get the $7,500 rebate and pay off the rest) so liability-only + uninsured motorist coverage it is for me! Saves around $250 a year at a $500 deductible.

$250 a year ... I'm surprised you do not save more, although insurance cost is hard to predict and you have not mentioned your driving record.
I live in Colorado and have a clean record. My 1M/300k liaibility policy with Amica costs $15 a month, and another $9 a year for UI.

I have a flawless driving record and I'm a 31 year old homeowner. Me only saving $250 per policy period by dropping full coverage and swapping in UI coverage indicates me qualifying for very low insurance prices.

Looking at my own policy, which breaks down liability/comp/collision coverage for each car, the eGolf's insurance is $205 for collision and another $71 for comp.

I would disagree about dropping all non-liability coverage. Yes you can be a careful driver but there's still the possibility of a tree falling on it, or the car next to it catching fire, etc. I would keep comprehensive coverage on it for at least a couple of years.

Back