2016 Apr Plugin Sales Discussion : Leaf 787 - Total ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
drees said:
Flyct said:
I tried to live without a pickup truck but I just couldn't do it.
Yeah, but in your case you are using the right tool for the job. I don't think anyone is going to give you a hard time about that.

Now, not everyone can afford 3 vehicles, but people tend to buy much larger vehicles than they really need, "just in case". Too many people fall victim to the though that "bigger is better".

Agreed. Makes a lot of good food for thought on how the insurance agency bills for insurance. Paying full charges on every vehicle is senseless in this situation and likely a HUGE contributor to emissions as I know a lot of people who think EVs are a good idea but balk at the thought of paying for an extra vehicle...

DaveinOlyWA said:
drees said:
Flyct said:
I tried to live without a pickup truck but I just couldn't do it.
Yeah, but in your case you are using the right tool for the job. I don't think anyone is going to give you a hard time about that.

Now, not everyone can afford 3 vehicles, but people tend to buy much larger vehicles than they really need, "just in case". Too many people fall victim to the though that "bigger is better".
Agreed. Makes a lot of good food for thought on how the insurance agency bills for insurance. Paying full charges on every vehicle is senseless in this situation and likely a HUGE contributor to emissions as I know a lot of people who think EVs are a good idea but balk at the thought of paying for an extra vehicle...
If available, PAYD insurance may save a bundle for a vehicle that's infrequently used. I'm saving over 50%/month compared to my old standard insurance policy, and it gives people a financial incentive to drive as little as possible, over and above gas savings. But yeah, nobody is going to complain about someone who uses a pickup to frequently haul stuff. If you live on a farm or ranch, they're pretty much essential vehicles, not fashion statements.

May 2016 numbers are in and 979 Leafs were sold, down 53.5% of May 2015.

Not great for Nissan, but great if one is looking to buy.

http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/usa/channels/U-S-Sales-Reports/releases/nissan-group-reports-may-2016-u-s-sales

remarquian said:
May 2016 numbers are in and 979 Leafs were sold, down 53.5% of May 2015.

Not great for Nissan, but great if one is looking to buy.

http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/usa/channels/U-S-Sales-Reports/releases/nissan-group-reports-may-2016-u-s-sales

+1, hopefully this adds pressure to roll out gen2 to compete with Bolt

DNAinaGoodWay said:
hopefully this adds pressure to roll out gen2 to compete with Bolt
Or the other way around. Most everyone knows the Gen2 will be out before the end of the year; and that puts a real downer on sales of Gen1 units unless Nissan discounts the heck out of them.

Dooglas said:
DNAinaGoodWay said:
hopefully this adds pressure to roll out gen2 to compete with Bolt
Or the other way around. Most everyone knows the Gen2 will be out before the end of the year; and that puts a real downer on sales of Gen1 units unless Nissan discounts the heck out of them.

Unless Nissan changes their plans, Gen II will only be announced this year with a roll out late Q1 of 2018

DaveinOlyWA said:
Unless Nissan changes their plans, Gen II will only be announced this year with a roll out late Q1 of 2018
The difference between December 31 (end of this year) and January 1 (beginning of Q1 next year) is fairly subtle ;) . And it seems likely to me that a detailed announcement of Gen2 with date certain for delivery will, in itself, be a downer for sales of remaining Gen1 and pricing of used vehicles.

Dooglas said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
The difference between December 31 (end of this year) and January 1 (beginning of Q1 next year) is fairly subtle ;) . And it seems likely to me that a detailed announcement of Gen2 with date certain for delivery will, in itself, be a downer for sales of remaining Gen1 and pricing of used vehicles.

Ok, I will be clearer. For most of the early areas, they are not expected on the lots till March. The statement by Nissan that they will be available "as early as late December" is basically another way of saying we will issue a handful of early publicity deliveries to generate excitement....

Should Nissan stop dicking around and move that timetable up? Well that is an obvious answer but will they? They should have released it in September but instead all we are getting is an announcement. So Nissan went from the expectation they would be first with the next gen but with slightly less range because of the earlier entry to being last and still with the less range.

Pretty obvious that the delay is due to switch over in battery suppliers.

DaveinOlyWA said:
According to this information, Nissan is not switching battery suppliers at this time.

http://pushevs.com/2017/06/09/new-details-2018-nissan-leaf/

Dooglas said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
According to this information, Nissan is not switching battery suppliers at this time.

http://pushevs.com/2017/06/09/new-details-2018-nissan-leaf/

yes but not for lacking of trying

Back