2012 SL with range collapse

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JeremyW said:
Holy Shiznit you have my old leaf!!! White 2012, does it still have Juke wheels?! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Not that I'm a lawsuit type, but Jeremy might have a pretty good case to sue Nissan for mental anguish over this. I take this as proof that Nissan refusal to replace the cells for Jeremy was wrong.

Sorry for no updates lately, the Leaf has been out of commission for the past few weeks due to a more then minor, but not really major accident. No frame damage, battery is fine, but the other driver has decided to drag out legal action, so I probably wont have the car back for another week or so. Cant discuss any details because lawyers are involved . . . will update more as soon as I can.

Good to see! Interesting that your L2/QC count is now so low. My previous screenshot showed 147 QC's. Perhaps something was reset when the cells were replaced.

Also hope the car was repaired properly and still looks good.

BiggieJohn said:
Sorry for no updates lately, the Leaf has been out of commission for the past few weeks due to a more then minor, but not really major accident. No frame damage, battery is fine, but the other driver has decided to drag out legal action, so I probably wont have the car back for another week or so. Cant discuss any details because lawyers are involved . . . will update more as soon as I can.

Since I see new leafspy data can we assume the car isn't a total loss, repaired enough to keep driving?

dhanson865 said:
BiggieJohn said:

Since I see new leafspy data can we assume the car isn't a total loss, repaired enough to keep driving?

Yes, all back to good as new. Court ordered the other driver to pay full repair costs.

JeremyW said:
Good to see! Interesting that your L2/QC count is now so low. My previous screenshot showed 147 QC's. Perhaps something was reset when the cells were replaced.

Yes, when I got the car back after the cell was replaced, leafspy showed 10 or so L2 charges

BiggieJohn said:
JeremyW said:

Yes, when I got the car back after the cell was replaced, leafspy showed 10 or so L2 charges

That is interesting. The charge counts were not reset when the entire battery pack was replaced in my 2011.

GerryAZ said:
BiggieJohn said:
JeremyW said:

That is interesting. The charge counts were not reset when the entire battery pack was replaced in my 2011.

Neither of my Leafs were reset either.

I finally killed it. 43731 miles
Lowest Ahr was 41.81 yesterday, and Hx% was 42.59
crept up a bit today fast charging,
something strange - notice in the leafspy screencap, Ahr jumped up to 41.94 (at 41.95 not that I plugged it in to charge) and HX% went to 42.70
also, I had previosuly been seeing almost all the cells shunted, but it cleared everything when the 9th bar dropped, now, I only randomly get a few cells shunted at a time, but they move around.

Calling the dealer tomorrow, see when I can get it in for warranty replacement,
Warranty date is 6/23/17 so I should be safe

Screenshot_20170521-183016.png8bars.PNG

Warranty claim submitted by dealer 5/29.17. New battery arrived TODAY, 6/5/17. 6 DAYS !!!!!
Working with the service dept to get a date scheduled for the replacement., probably next week.

Last post, since I now have a brand new battery, needs a few balancing cycles,
but I'm already much happier, I have regen on a almost full battery.
Screenshot_20170609-204656.png

BiggieJohn said:

congrats, as a 2012 owner whose battery is at 70% SOH and over 60,000 miles I'm happy for you but still jealous. :)

Indeed. Congrats! You made it with about a month to spare, fortunately.

Man... very badly degraded Leafs that will make it down to 8 bars before the capacity warranty expires if picked up for cheap from a clueless dealer/person would be bargains.

dhanson865 said:
BiggieJohn said:

congrats, as a 2012 owner whose battery is at 70% SOH and over 60,000 miles I'm happy for you but still jealous. :)

Nissan is offering pro-rated discounts for over warranty
call 1-877-NogasEv once you drop to 8 bars and see what they offer you.
a good story about how you cant make your commute anymore helps :)

Back