Leaf Price / Discount discussion thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nerzhulvendor said:
sukhdeepsinghkohli said:
This is what I got

2017 Nissan Leaf S with Quick Charge
  • 2500$ out of the door
  • 106$ including Tax Per month x 35 months
  • $8841- Residual value
  • 12000 Miles each year or 36000 overall
  • $395 disposition fee

Was this 2500 down payment or was this 2500 out the door (taxes, fees included?)

2500 out the door (taxes, fees included)

sukhdeepsinghkohli said:
nerzhulvendor said:
sukhdeepsinghkohli said:
This is what I got

2017 Nissan Leaf S with Quick Charge
  • 2500$ out of the door
  • 106$ including Tax Per month x 35 months
  • $8841- Residual value
  • 12000 Miles each year or 36000 overall
  • $395 disposition fee

Was this 2500 down payment or was this 2500 out the door (taxes, fees included?)

2500 out the door (taxes, fees included)

that is over $2500 cheaper than my essentially same car 2016 S with charge leased 6 months earlier. Your mileage is less AND your residual is less. Mine was 45,000 and $9120ish....

Customers of AEP Ohio now eligible for the $10,000 rebate off a new Nissan Leaf until June 30th.

http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2017/05/24/customers-in-aep-ohio-territory-can-get-10-000-off.html

https://aepohio.com/promos/NissanLeaf.aspx

Purchased a 2017 SV Gun Metal / Black w/splash guards, on Memorial Day:
SV MSRP $ 34,200
Splash Guards $ 190
Destination $ 865
Title/Reg/Doc $ 294
Sales tax $ 2,096

Negotiated - $ 4,255
Duke Customer - $ 10,000
Fed Tax Credit - $ 7,500

Net Price $ 15,890

You can get some truly silly deals on Leafs in the states with state rebates + utility rebates. While I got my hail damaged '17 S for a net of $4,600 before sales taxes and after federal tax credit, others in CO are getting undamaged models for only $3k more or so. At those prices this is basically a free new car as EV savings will pay for the car within 5 years or so even at these low gas prices, and that's assuming you light the car on on fire after 5 years... if you account for being able to sell it for $3k in 5-6 years when it's still under warranty, this car pays you to drive it.

Just leased my third Leaf today in the SF Bay area.

2017 Glacier White SV
With splash guards ($190)
With Floor MATS and CARGO MAT ($200)
With CARGO COVER ($300)
Destination Charges ($865)
Total MSRP: $35,755.00

36 Month Lease:
$0 Down or out of the door
$205 monthly payment (tax included)
12000 miles per year
---------------------------------------------------------
Total Monthly payments: $7175

Residual at the end of lease: $10,011.40

drhlee1 said:

2017 Glacier White SV
With CARGO COVER ($300)

36 Month Lease:
12000 miles per year

Wow. Sounds great. And, if someone is eligible for CVRP (https://cleanvehiclerebate.org/eng/eligibility-guidelines), they can apply for the $2500 rebate from the state.

cwerdna said:
drhlee1 said:

2017 Glacier White SV
With CARGO COVER ($300)

36 Month Lease:
12000 miles per year

Wow. Sounds great. And, if someone is eligible for CVRP (https://cleanvehiclerebate.org/eng/eligibility-guidelines), they can apply for the $2500 rebate from the state.

I plan to apply for the CVRP rebate and the PGE rebate, if I get those, I am looking at $120 per month + fuel saving. It was just too hard to pass it up even though Generation II Leaf is just around the corner.

drhlee1 said:
I plan to apply for the CVRP rebate and the PGE rebate, if I get those, I am looking at $120 per month + fuel saving. It was just too hard to pass it up even though Generation II Leaf is just around the corner.
As long as you live in PG&E-land, PG&E rebate should be no issue so long as nobody else claimed it first, which should be impossible in your case.

For CVRP, I make too much $ to qualify. I guess I'm ok with that.

drhlee1 said:

Fantastic, worry free deal. Congrats !

Thats a sweet deal. Is the CA $2500 rebate baked into the deal or a separate check coming your way? In IL we leased a similar 2016 SV w/o cargo cover for $0 down, 257 / month. 12k back in Jan

Phatcat73 said:
Thats a sweet deal. Is the CA $2500 rebate baked into the deal or a separate check coming your way? In IL we leased a similar 2016 SV w/o cargo cover for $0 down, 257 / month. 12k back in Jan

The $205 is before the $2500 CA Rebates.

There is a "deal" in most major cities in Texas - in round numbers:
Say MSRP is $35,000
Less $10,000 EvGo/Nissan Incentive
Plus $1900 TTL
Less $7500 Fed tax credit
Plus 2 years free EVGo $$$?
Total drive out - $19,500

The dealer also currently has a $5600 discount and $4000 factory rebate. Can the dealer dip into these also? As I'm not too serious right now, I did not press. The lease arrangement, with no down payment, straight monthly payment totals, plus residual comes out a couple of thousand more.

Seems quite good for the 30KWH version.

Marktm said:
Say MSRP is $35,000
Plus $1900 TTL

The dealer also currently has a $5600 discount and $4000 factory rebate. Can the dealer dip into these also? As I'm not too serious right now, I did not press. The lease arrangement, with no down payment, straight monthly payment totals, plus residual comes out a couple of thousand more.

Nissan does have the $10,000 off program with my employer. However, the two local dealers they pick for this program does not offer very good discount on car.

I just login to NMAC to look at my pay off balance, this is before I even make my first payment, the pay off is $16,593. With $395 disposition fee, $150 dealer fees, and taxes it comes out to $18,637.58. After the CA state rebate and PGE rebate, the final cost would be $15,637.575 if were to buy it from Nissan today. This may be an unconventional way to buy a Leaf, but you don't have wait until the end of the year to get your $7500 back from the tax return.

I plan to ride out the full lease to see how the battery is doing toward the end of the lease. The residual is $10,011 after three year. Nissan may give us a few thousand dollars off to buy the car since Leaf 2 will be out for a year or two already.

Marktm said:
Say MSRP is $35,000
Plus $1900 TTL

Not a good deal from what I have been seeing. Deals are better now than when I got mine and mine was $17,1ish K lease to purchase, all in cost. I have seen a few in the mid 15's on SVs. Mine was an S (FYI 2016 S is ONLY S trim that came with charge package standard. Trivia question...)

My price was possible because of the additional dealer incentives that were in the $4K range I think. My Nissan incentive was "only" $8 K iirc

drhlee1 said:
Marktm said:
Say MSRP is $35,000
Plus $1900 TTL

Nissan does have the $10,000 off program with my employer. However, the two local dealers they pick for this program does not offer very good discount on car.

I just login to NMAC to look at my pay off balance, this is before I even make my first payment, the pay off is $16,593. With $395 disposition fee, $150 dealer fees, and taxes it comes out to $18,637.58. After the CA state rebate and PGE rebate, the final cost would be $15,637.575 if were to buy it from Nissan today. This may be an unconventional way to buy a Leaf, but you don't have wait until the end of the year to get your $7500 back from the tax return.

I plan to ride out the full lease to see how the battery is doing toward the end of the lease. The residual is $10,011 after three year. Nissan may give us a few thousand dollars off to buy the car since Leaf 2 will be out for a year or two already.

Not nearly as unconventional as you think. I know several people who did this simply because they could not afford to buy a LEAF. Ride your lease as long as you can because

* You are currently getting a near zero interest loan on the lease term
* There is a possibility you can negotiate a lower residual buyout price.
* I know 3 people personally who did not pay the disposition fee on the purchase including one person who didn't pay dealer fees either. His only charge was a title transfer fee and I think he said that was under $20.

This all means that the dealer is getting paid by NMAC to sell lease returns so guessing whatever discount of residual you are getting is being shared.

Marktm said:
The dealer also currently has a $5600 discount and $4000 factory rebate. Can the dealer dip into these also?

Has anyone been able to negotiate the starting price below MSRP by obtaining part (or all) of the dealer or factory "deals" in addition to the EvGo (or whatever) rebate?

I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask or if there is a sticky I should read so please just tell me where to look if you would.

I'm interested in a least I live in North Carolina and I'm a lease noob. We have the $7500 fed tax thing and $10k for being Duke energy customer. What kind of leasing deal do I push for in a best case scenario?

Go for $0 down, because you lose any down payment if the car is totaled. If you can get a better deal (lower total lease cost) by putting something down, only put down as much as you are willing to risk losing. Since you have that extra $10k being applied, in your case it probably isn't worth risking a down payment.

Magikal said:
I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask or if there is a sticky I should read so please just tell me where to look if you would.

I'm interested in a least I live in North Carolina and I'm a lease noob. We have the $7500 fed tax thing and $10k for being Duke energy customer. What kind of leasing deal do I push for in a best case scenario?

Just be aware that Nissan keeps the tax credit in a lease as they still "own" the car - but will usually offer a bigger discount to offset that. The charge to carry the money is very low (almost 0%), so 0 down is usually the best deal.

Back