MA Clean Vehicle Project - $50k QC Deployment Awards

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Natick Plaza pad is poured, all the conduit is done, and bollards.

IMG_6323.JPG

Donald says:

"The contractor is returning today to complete the sidewalk work. We are waiting on a date from the utility to tie into the transformer. We are hopeful for a week or two."

DOT replies:

We lost a little ground in Natick and Framingham due to snow storms, but we should be able to get started next week and avoid some potential weather mid-week. We heard from the utility last week that we are on their radar to replace transformers in the next 3-4 weeks. We are hoping we can get both stations completed at the same time.

We also heard back from utility on the Charlton sites, they are ready to approve our work/service requests and trench design so we may be able to move on to those sites once Framingham and Natick are completed.

So, I'm guessing end of March for Natick and Framingham and maybe Memorial Day for Charlton.

Anyone have updates on the Mass Pike quick chargers? Planning a trip out west and can't find any info online.

Natick is in, you can see it on plugshare, but don't know if it's on yet. Framingham should be in by now, but haven't checked on it yet.
Both sides of Charlton will come later this year. Takes them forever.
Lee Plazas may be in progress, haven't asked lately and too far for me to comfortably check.
All the other Plazas are just future plans.

When I get my EVgo card, I will try to check out some of these. Plugshare still shows the Natick station as "coming soon".

Donald Petty at the DOT told me they'd be free for a short while, but they'll probably still need a card. No news yet on how they plan to set fees.

They were having trouble trying to connect a new transformer at Natick, but it's dragged on so long now, I won't be surprised if it takes another month.

Unfortunately they put the stations too close to the building. Unless they actively enforce the parking restrictions with tickets, I suspect they will be constantly ICEd.

Telsa's older SuperChargers in CT on 95 are positioned similarly, and every time I've driven by them they are partially or fully ICEd. E.g., Darien CT has 2 separate stalls of 2 on opposite sides of the parking lot. When I was looking to plug in last time I thankfully got there just as some random SUV left, so that I could charge.

From the DOT:

I will verify payment process tomorrow. It is my understanding that until we implement a fee there will be no cards required. Simply press screen options.

Framingham - Still work required by utility. Station activation may be sometime in mid to late July.

Lee West- Station installed. Activation should occur in the next 2 weeks. Waiting on utility.

Lee East- Still some site work required. Should be active in 3-4 weeks.

Charlton East- Still coordinating work with utilities, activation may be late July, early August.

Charlton West- Utility work should be scheduled in the next two weeks, activation mid to late July.

Multiple units per site is still up in the air. We hope that the VW settlement will provide those resources. Sites already have the service capacity, conduit, and designs to accept at least two additional stations.

Framingham westbound is up, at least according to Plugshare, haven't had a chance to check it yet.

Natick has had no issues in it's first two months. Lee westbound is up.

That leaves Lee eastbound and both sides at Charlton. Should be soon.

Back