End of Lease Strategies?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, got my emotions in check and requested the lease extension paperwork to give myself some breathing room. It was a very pleasant phone call. I hope to not run into the issues Leftie has seen.

The USPS finally delivered my second set of lease extension paperwork this morning. Unless NMAC decides to lose it, I should be safe, now... If anyone finds themselves in a similar situation, make sure that the lease payment for the current month has been made. The site showed me owing next month's as well, so I paid both, figuring I'd at least get until August to find a Bolt. Hopefully now I'll have until next June.

DaveinOlyWA said:
recmob said:
jkang said:
I worked with Brian and got $6400 off my MY14/3YR through Crown Nissan of Greenville in May. It was all done via Fedex and notary; but when I got all the forms to sign, Brian left the dealership and didn't return any of my calls or texts. I can't in good conscience recommend him, because of the lack of follow-through. Luckily, the finance person, Cindy, walked me through it and I paid via cashier check. I'm currently waiting on the title to arrive, unless they took me for a ride.

I received $6700 off my 2015 / 3yr. The day before my birthday I received a Fedex envelope which contained the registration. Nothing else. Still haven't heard back from Brian or the dealership. Didn't even bother to let me know they sent a Fedex pkg. I still have no paperwork from the dealership at all. I actually receive more information from the person at the bank handling my financing. Pretty sad! The credit union I'm working with is fantastic in all aspects thus far. If they had branches closer, I'd probably move my business accounts over to them.

guessing you meant "title" and not "registration" This is good but how much time did you have on your lease? I think that is one of the determining factors on whether you will receive an offer or when?

36 month lease. I purchased it in June, the lease would have ended in October. Nope, I meant registration as the dealership took care of the paperwork on that. The title went to the bank since I financed the balance. I got a 2.6% rate for 36 months, with a payment less then the monthly lease payment was.

recmob said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
recmob said:
I received $6700 off my 2015 / 3yr. The day before my birthday I received a Fedex envelope which contained the registration. Nothing else. Still haven't heard back from Brian or the dealership. Didn't even bother to let me know they sent a Fedex pkg. I still have no paperwork from the dealership at all. I actually receive more information from the person at the bank handling my financing. Pretty sad! The credit union I'm working with is fantastic in all aspects thus far. If they had branches closer, I'd probably move my business accounts over to them.

guessing you meant "title" and not "registration" This is good but how much time did you have on your lease? I think that is one of the determining factors on whether you will receive an offer or when?

36 month lease. I purchased it in June, the lease would have ended in October. Nope, I meant registration as the dealership took care of the paperwork on that. The title went to the bank since I financed the balance. I got a 2.6% rate for 36 months, with a payment less then the monthly lease payment was.

oh ok. different process but anyway.

Yeah you didn't have much time left on your lease and most seem to be getting the best deals when they are in the 6 or so months of their leases

Finally found a dealer who would work with me. 3yr lease on 2015 S w/QC. About $4200 off current amount so about $8900 with final about $10,000. So I’m definitely going to wait, but glad I found someone who knows Leafs.

Just wanted to follow up now that my buyout on my '14 SL is complete so I had all the correct figures. I can't say enough about how easy it was to work with my salesman, he communicated almost solely with me via text which made things very convenient. Once we settled on a price the paperwork took about an hour and I was out the door.

Residual: $14905
Actual agreed upon price: $8975
With taxes and fees I was out the door for $10,300.

If you need help with your buyout consider reaching out to Costa Christou at Courtesy Nissan of Tampa 813-870-3333.

^^^ Not a bad deal especially considering the drying up of incentives to buy the cars after our leases are up. Mine is up Oct 5th so at the very least I can see what the 2018 leaf will look like. We really just wanted to buy this one, but now that the incentives are gone we are out car shopping for something else again.

^^^ Exactly. My residual even after the $4k off is more then what the car is worth with the stiff Leaf depreciation. Hope the incentive goes back up. I would love to keep it....but not at a loss.

So I received my lease extension paperwork today. Trying to think about the motivation for Nissan to give 3 months free. Have to imagine most folks are doing this. Do they really think the new Leaf will entice us to convert, or is it just a way to keep Leafs off the lot?

mykalt45 said:
So I received my lease extension paperwork today. Trying to think about the motivation for Nissan to give 3 months free. Have to imagine most folks are doing this. Do they really think the new Leaf will entice us to convert, or is it just a way to keep Leafs off the lot?

Both.

mykalt45 said:

Because its really really stupid to lose a customer based on a few months of bad timing. Not sure how anyone could not understand this. They have already made up that 3 months free they are giving you so its not like its costing them anything to do it for a chance at a sale.

You should examine what dealerships spend on promos to bring in customers. Have a famous sports figure come to sign autographs at your local dealership? You would be shocked to find out how much the dealership pays for that.

I'm looking to trade in my 2015 Leaf S this weekend as the lease is up after 3 years. I'm being quoted $149/month for 24 months with $0 down on a 2017 Leaf S in the Seattle market. I am checking on the annual miles but I had 15k on my last lease and used 8k/year.

Is this comparable to others offers? Tell me if it's not a good deal I've been putting this shopping around off too long!

fishmonster5 said:
I'm looking to trade in my 2015 Leaf S this weekend as the lease is up after 3 years. I'm being quoted $149/month for 24 months with $0 down on a 2017 Leaf S in the Seattle market. I am checking on the annual miles but I had 15k on my last lease and used 8k/year.

Is this comparable to others offers? Tell me if it's not a good deal I've been putting this shopping around off too long!

I think that is a great deal. I'd take it, but I live in Utah. We still run cars on wood and built houses out of the bodies of our enemies over here so EV market is low, thus zero down means $300 per month here.

Hello to all. Nissan has tweaked the GPO program for those wishing to buy out their Leaf leases. Its a little complicated as the buyout incentive is now tied to trim level. I am happy to offer no obligation quotes as I have done in the past. Looking at the deal most folks should have equity in their Leases if they choose to sell the car based on current values. Obviously some markets are stronger than others. Take a look at comps (what vehicles are advertised for in your local market), NADA book values Vs what you can buy the Leaf for.
I have seen people turn down offers where they are able to secure $3k profit by buying out their lease and selling the car because they are waiting for the massive GPO numbers to come back which in my opinion will not.

Email [email protected]

Please include:

Year and trim level of your Leaf
VIN
Term of Lease

I will respond with a buyout quote within 48 hours.

Happy charging!
Todd Grace.

So completed my Leaf extension. Just curious how it went for others. I see that my maturity date has been adjusted, but it shows I owe for August, but my buyout has changed significantly. How did the 3 months show up for you guys? Thanks.

fishmonster5 said:

Be warned; that extra range almost forces you to drive more.... :)

You're right I guess the range would allow further trips since I bus to work not sure it will increase too much. For those in the Seattle market how does $150/month sound?

Back