D mode stays on even while on B mode

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave, i will edit the first post for more clarity, i wrote that in a rush while at work and didnt take the time to elaborate :)

i checked the rest voltage after driving around all day and letting the car sit in the garage with the hood open about 20 min before checking, 12.6V, seems healthy, so it is more likely that the comms errors are actually real and a result of some component going bad.

but yes, these wierd symptoms are independent of the SOC of the pack as they manifest at various SOCs.

i'll dig into the warranty a bit more, this annoyance is not worth draining my wallet too much.

Marko

estomax said:
Dave, i will edit the first post for more clarity, i wrote that in a rush while at work and didnt take the time to elaborate :)

i checked the rest voltage after driving around all day and letting the car sit in the garage with the hood open about 20 min before checking, 12.6V, seems healthy, so it is more likely that the comms errors are actually real and a result of some component going bad.

but yes, these wierd symptoms are independent of the SOC of the pack as they manifest at various SOCs.

i'll dig into the warranty a bit more, this annoyance is not worth draining my wallet too much.

Marko

12.6 volts is a very good reading! Keep in mind that as long as the battery is connected to the car, there is a drain on it.

As far as weirdness. I have seen plenty. An issue that I have now seen in two LEAFs is random changes in the climate control including changing fan directions. It happens relatively often like a few times a week often! I have learned to recognize it and switch it back to my preferred setting and its not enough of a hassle to waste time taking it in since intermittent issues like that are hard to run down.

Another issue posted here or Facebook or both is that my SAT radio resets every 3-10 mins or so. Again, SAT radio reception sucks here so don't really use it even during the random free periods.

so i did a test, i unplugged my Navdy HUD from the OBD port for a week and drove without it. Navdy does have OBD functionality so i suspected maybe it is sending something onto the canbus via the OBD port. I have not had any DTCs all week.

i am going to plug Navdy back in and see if the DTCs return. wierd stuff, time to contact their support. Does the Leaf OBD2 protocol differ from the standard ones?

cheers
Marko

estomax said:
so i did a test, i unplugged my Navdy HUD from the OBD port for a week and drove without it. Navdy does have OBD functionality so i suspected maybe it is sending something onto the canbus via the OBD port. I have not had any DTCs all week.

i am going to plug Navdy back in and see if the DTCs return. wierd stuff, time to contact their support. Does the Leaf OBD2 protocol differ from the standard ones?

cheers
Marko

I have read that most ODB dongles used for monitoring or collecting data, like those provided by insurance companies to lower rates, do not work well (if at all) with the LEAF.

estomax said:

cheers
Marko

Ahh a suspect emerges!

Back