End of Lease Strategies?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fishmonster5 said:
You're right I guess the range would allow further trips since I bus to work not sure it will increase too much. For those in the Seattle market how does $150/month sound?

Saw your post on FB and the deal is not to be believed. I can't imagine prices have dropped that much. There must be a downpayment in there somewhere. Other than that, my only question; WHAT THE H*** ARE YOU WAITING FOR!!

Done! 2017 Leaf S, no do, $149/month for 24 months with 12k/miles a year in Seattle. Looking forward to the next 2 years with this Pearl White beauty!

@Dave, yes it has QC too. We didn't want it as we typically charge on the 220 at home but we wanted white so they gave us the QC at the same price.

Pretty happy with the deal. The sad part is they took the heated steering wheel out of the S model so I'm going to suffer 5 days a year:(

fishmonster5 said:
Pretty happy with the deal. The sad part is they took the heated steering wheel out of the S model so I'm going to suffer 5 days a year:(
You know, that heated steering wheel is the only thing I've missed since I turned in my previous SV for an S30. ;)

Ok my wife and I made the choice to take the 6 month lease extension with 3 of the months being "FREE". Honestly, we love our little Leaf and were just not quite ready to part with it. This gives us 6 more months to:

1.) See if the new 2018 Leaf is worth paying full price for, because you KNOW that's what they gonna charge.

or

2.) 6 more months to see if the big "buy out" incentives come back. For the record, Nissan finance who is setting up the extension said we could still buy out our leaf at any time if the big incentives come back. Honestly, this is a no brainer.

:D

Same. Best case the incentives kick back in and I get a great deal on an extra car. Worst case, I get to keep my Leaf, which I still like, until my Model 3 is delivered.

Katera said:
Ok my wife and I made the choice to take the 6 month lease extension with 3 of the months being "FREE". Honestly, we love our little Leaf and were just not quite ready to part with it. This gives us 6 more months to:

1.) See if the new 2018 Leaf is worth paying full price for, because you KNOW that's what they gonna charge.

or

2.) 6 more months to see if the big "buy out" incentives come back. For the record, Nissan finance who is setting up the extension said we could still buy out our leaf at any time if the big incentives come back. Honestly, this is a no brainer.

I am willing to bet you that incentives will still be available so the only question is how much money are you willing to lose?

Even with the opportunity to get a new Leaf for about what I owe on my current one, I just couldn't. I really like the seat heaters , steering wheel heaters, the seat fabric and all the other touches that are now gone from the SV. I looked at a S and it is just too basic. I don't want to pay for the SL and the base SV trim has been gutted.

I may still buy a new one in a few months as I'm guessing the floor is going to fall out once the official announcement for the '18 is made. If I can get the SV with the extra trim package for a good deal I would jump on it. 30KW would be plenty even for my regional commutes and would be a great second car. Plus, I'm still a Leaf fan. So much fun and so practical.

DaveinOlyWA said:
Katera said:

or

I am willing to bet you that incentives will still be available so the only question is how much money are you willing to lose?

I'm not sure what you mean. We will not buy our leaf out at the end of the 6 month extension unless there are BIG incentives that come back. But it gives us another 6 months of lease for the price of 3. That's a no brainer.

Katera said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
Katera said:

or

I'm not sure what you mean. We will not buy our leaf out at the end of the 6 month extension unless there are BIG incentives that come back. But it gives us another 6 months of lease for the price of 3. That's a no brainer.

seems pretty straightforward to me. You stated a 2018 would only be available at full price and I contend there will still be discounts.

DaveinOlyWA said:
mykalt45 said:
So I received my lease extension paperwork today. Trying to think about the motivation for Nissan to give 3 months free. Have to imagine most folks are doing this. Do they really think the new Leaf will entice us to convert, or is it just a way to keep Leafs off the lot?

Sorry if this is a basic question... but in looking at my lease extension paperwork, I don't see where they give you any extra miles. I saw one post that implied that you receive more miles basically at the same rate as the original lease. I have a 15k/year lease, so does that mean I receive an extra 1,250/mo. in mileage credit with my extension?

I have to execute the paperwork today as I put this off to the last minute and the NAMC Finance number is off for the weekend.
thx!

Also, has anyone faxed in the paperwork? with all of the trouble with the mail people seem to have (and I am last minute), I am thinking of going that route. thanks!

KRT said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
mykalt45 said:
So I received my lease extension paperwork today. Trying to think about the motivation for Nissan to give 3 months free. Have to imagine most folks are doing this. Do they really think the new Leaf will entice us to convert, or is it just a way to keep Leafs off the lot?

Sorry if this is a basic question... but in looking at my lease extension paperwork, I don't see where they give you any extra miles. I saw one post that implied that you receive more miles basically at the same rate as the original lease. I have a 15k/year lease, so does that mean I receive an extra 1,250/mo. in mileage credit with my extension?

I have to execute the paperwork today as I put this off to the last minute and the NAMC Finance number is off for the weekend.
thx!

u r correct. its an extra prorated mileage allowance based on the terms of your original lease.

Back