Leaf Totaled - Have EVSE, Floor Mats, Tow Hook, Tire Kit

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graffi

Hello fellow Leafers. On June 3 our Leaf was hit on the left rear bumper/quarter panel. The other party's insurance company determined to total the Leaf. We have now settled on a value so I am now selling or giving away the things I kept out of it.

2013 Leaf SL w/Premium Package

EVSE - only used during the first two weeks of ownership (we got an AV home unit installed)

Carpeted Floor Mats - Still look to be showroom fresh (my wife always required us to use the paper/plastic temp mats from the service dept.)

Tow Hook - Never used

Tire Kit - Never used. I have another car air pump that I bring on trips with the patch repair kit.

Tool kit - Never used. (Sorry but forgot to list is initially)

If anyone is interested in any of these please let me know. Make your best offer or best story of why I should give them to you. If any of you have modified your EVSE then you may need an unmodified one on lease return (some get by with it as long as inspector sees an EVSE in vehicle.

Graffi said:
Hello fellow Leafers. On June 3 our Leaf was hit on the left rear bumper/quarter panel. The other party's insurance company determined to total the Leaf. We have now settled on a value so I am now selling or giving away the things I kept out of it.

2013 Leaf SL w/Premium Package

EVSE - only used during the first two weeks of ownership (we got an AV home unit installed)

Carpeted Floor Mats - Still look to be showroom fresh (my wife always required us to use the paper/plastic temp mats from the service dept.)

Tow Hook - Never used

Tire Kit - Never used. I have another car air pump that I bring on trips with the patch repair kit.

Tool kit - Never used. (Sorry but forgot to list is initially)

If anyone is interested in any of these please let me know. Make your best offer or best story of why I should give them to you. If any of you have modified your EVSE then you may need an unmodified one on lease return (some get by with it as long as inspector sees an EVSE in vehicle.

Sorry to hear about your accident, hope no one was shook up too much.

I will offer $20 total for the Floor Mats and toe bar + breakfast at Marie Calendars in Chula Vista on F St when we meet to exchange.

P.s. I think we met about 3-4 years ago at a breakfast (in Poway?) shortly after you got your Leaf.

The Good News - Looks like you got a Tessa just the month before the accident in your Leaf!

Larry (lkkms2)

Gshaw said:
Is your EVSE still available? Mine arced and melted the wall plug so I'm looking to repair or replace.

It is. I am so sorry to hear about yours. And please tell us HOW this was able to happen. I realize you are new to the forum, and maybe a new LEAFer but inquiring minds would like to know. No judgement here.

Also, what part of the world do you live in. There may be others close to you who would be happy to mentor you if you would like.

Fairly simple mistake really. We are in rented accommodation and I just got into the habit of plugging into the powerboard that was available. I noticed that the socket I had plugged into had some charring around it. I didn't think it would be an issue. Obviously, what happened on this one night was that the pins of the charger were not securely in the socket. I had used the powerboard a number of times before and the same socket without incident. There was enough room for an air gap between the pins and the socket. It arced enough to melt the powerboard and the plug on my charger which now has enough carbon build up as to be unusable. No damage to the house thankfully.
I am in Encinitas. Happy drive anywhere to pick up your charger. How does $60 sound?

Back