New Member with JDM Leaf and Leaf Spy Questions

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mnl

Have been wanting a Leaf for quite a while, but living arrangements have not been conducive to EV ownership.

A week ago I finally got a 2011 Nissan Leaf G, Blue Ocean, 67,347 km (about 41,847 mi), 9 bars. I love it!

I got Leaf Spy Lite (v0.32.24 en) and tried it out for the firs time yesterday. And was hoping to get some feedback.

1) AHr = 47.02, SOH = 71%, Hx = 51.01%, Nothing seems to be out of the ordinary here for 9 bars.

2) min/avg/max = 3.995 / 4.003 / 4.011 (16mV), seems to be pretty good to me judging by the fact that I can't run a CVLI unless I have at least a 200mV difference and I'm only at 16. I was worried about balancing the cells since the car is new to me, but it doesn't seem to be necessary.

3) Temp C = 31.0, 32.6, 31.3, 32.0 (1.6*), seems to me that 1.6* difference between cells may be pretty small.

My own first-time-trying-to-read-this-stuff analysis tells me that my battery seems to be in ok shape for its age, but I would really appreciate some feedback on this!

Finally, I would like to start tracking the health of my battery and was wondering if the info I have above is good for tracking and when is the best time to pull data to be the most consistent? The data above was pulled after having charged over night to 80% then going out for the day which was roughly 10mi. SOC at the bottom left reads 64.2%

Thank you!

You may want to charge to 100%, drive the car soon after all the charge lights shut off, and then check again. The cell differences may be smaller after a full equalizing charge.

Back