Poll : Number of miles before losing the first bar

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

# of miles before losing the first battery capacity bar

• 0-10,000

Votes: 29 6.8%
  • 10,001-20,000

Votes: 83 19.3%
  • 20,001-30,000

Votes: 117 27.3%
  • 30,001-40,000

Votes: 103 24.0%
  • 40,001-50,000

Votes: 51 11.9%
  • 50,001-60,000

Votes: 18 4.2%
  • 60,001+

Votes: 28 6.5%

• Total voters
I just lost my first bar over the weekend at 50,200 miles. No LeafSpy or anything, but I'm pretty pleased with how the battery has performed in our cold winters and hot summers.

Got my 2014 Leaf a month ago, July 29 2017. It was coming off a lease so I'm owner #2. It had 25,700 miles on it and a full 12 bars.

Lost my first bar in <3 weeks, at 26,000 miles on the nose.

Is this out of the ordinary for Hotlanta, GA?

Supernintendo said:
Got my 2014 Leaf a month ago, July 29 2017. It was coming off a lease so I'm owner #2. It had 25,700 miles on it and a full 12 bars.

Lost my first bar in <3 weeks, at 26,000 miles on the nose.

Is this out of the ordinary for Hotlanta, GA?

I wouldn't say so. If the car loses a second bar soon, though, I'd suspect a BMS reset.

I didn't notice the exact day my first bar dropped but it was sometime in the last week or two. For easy recollection , I'm going to say it happened on the day of the eclipse. Mileage was right around 40,500 miles.

No surprise since after buying at end of May at SOH 86, it has been bouncing from 85 to 84 and back all summer.

tomsax said:
Leafchacho said:
2016 SV MFG 01/16 30kWh

I lost my first bar at 6,720 miles. My battery is dying a rapid death.
That's not normal. Have you contacted your dealer?

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=23606&start=340#p508415

Link to my post about my dealer experience.

Leafchacho said:
Yes, that is my plan. Ironically, I took it into the dealer on Friday and had the battery report done. He said "the battery looks good...in fact it is excellent!". It was on my way home from the dealer that I noticed the 12th bar was missing. :oops:

Nissan - Redefining Excellence!

:lol:

Added my vote, relates to my 1st bar lost at 49,598 miles on my 5/2013 built '13 Leaf: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=511915#p511915.

21K on my 2013 SL. I just noticed it this morning. I have a very very short commute hence the 21k on the car.

hyperionmark said:
gdelacruz said:
21K on my 2013 SL. I just noticed it this morning. I have a very very short commute hence the 21k on the car.
what climate has the car been driven in?
Also, what's the build month? Its on the driver's side door sticker.

gdelacruz: Can you update your location info via your user name in the upper right > User Control Panel > Profile tab? That way, we don't need to ask in future posts/threads or do sleuthing to deduce it.

DaveinOlyWA said:
Granted a bigger pack, less stress per mile, etc. but well over the pace to exceed 100,000 miles with all 12 bars but...

more to follow
I went to your blog to see more about your LEAF's status. I'm sorry to hear you totaled your LEAF. I'm glad to hear you were not injured. Hopefully nothing has arisen since you posted that article on your blog on Monday.

RegGuheert said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
Granted a bigger pack, less stress per mile, etc. but well over the pace to exceed 100,000 miles with all 12 bars but...

more to follow
I went to your blog to see more about your LEAF's status. I'm sorry to hear you totaled your LEAF. I'm glad to hear you were not injured. Hopefully nothing has arisen since you posted that article on your blog on Monday.

Thank you. I feel VERY lucky. But that is only the beginning. Based on value (probably depressed by California cars with heavily degraded batteries) The valued my car at $14,000 so with taxes, etc. I will eventually receive about $1500 after the lease is paid off. So financially, I should be fine but just got police report back yesterday (which is another blog) and the guy who caused the accident was ticketed for failure to yield, DWLS III. He has insurance and both drivers involved both agree I was not at fault to any degree (easy to do when stationary!) so I will bleed cash until his insurance covers my deductible and additional expenses like car rental....

Back