After 2 weeks with a Bolt, here's everything I miss about the Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ElectricMonkey said:
Yes, I'm on the Bolt forum as well. The most important thing I've seen discussed there is what type of seat cushion to buy :mrgreen: And people are pissed that they've got to spend extra money on a seat cushion! That cracks me up. I've literally spent more on a bottle of wine!

I would think after spending $36+k on a car (before incentives) that the least the manufacturer can do is include a decent set of seats as standard equipment. I know GM can do it, I've rented GM compacts before.

The base model doesn't have cheap, plastic hub caps like the Leaf, and the distance from tire to rim should keep the rims from hitting the ground on pot holes.

Again as I posted above, per https://tiresize.com/calculator/ the Leaf's sidewalls on the Leaf S are actually slightly (0.2 inches) taller than the Bolt's.

Again as I posted above, per https://tiresize.com/calculator/ the Leaf's sidewalls on the Leaf S are actually slightly (0.2 inches) taller than the Bolt's.

I can't speak to the measurements, but my observation is that the Bolt looks far less likely to hit the ground on pot holes. It's like the tires stick out from the rims more and would cover the rims or something. I suppose it might be because the Leaf I had used hub caps rather than rims.

Anyway, no need for people to get defensive. As I said, I was just having fun with you guys. Clearly technology has advanced in the last 3 years, and I'm sure Nissan will soon come out with a new EV that reflects that.

ElectricMonkey said:

I can't speak to the measurements, but my observation is that the Bolt looks far less likely to hit the ground on pot holes. It's like the tires stick out from the rims more and would cover the rims or something. I suppose it might be because the Leaf I had used hub caps rather than rims.

Anyway, no need for people to get defensive. As I said, I was just having fun with you guys. Clearly technology has advanced in the last 3 years, and I'm sure Nissan will soon come out with a new EV that reflects that.

Tires sticking out from the rims more might protect it from curb rash but not potholes. And curb rash is caused by careless parking, so it's totally preventable.

There's plenty of legitimate gripes with the Leaf but your thread just comes across as a Leaf-bashing thread for no specific purpose.

BTW I never had this problem with my Leaf: http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2017/07/sunny-ways-chevrolet-bolt-owner-struggles-fix-dashs-blinding-glare/

Bolt-Reflection-With-Cloth.jpg

There's plenty of legitimate gripes with the Leaf but your thread just comes across as a Leaf-bashing thread for no specific purpose.

The specific purpose is entertainment :mrgreen: Oh, and to point out how much technology has advanced in the last 3 years.

ElectricMonkey said:
...The specific purpose is entertainment...
Another EX-LEAFer posting that they didn't know how much they were paying for a BEV with range limits that they did not understand.

Sad, rather than entertaining, to watch people make fools of themselves on a public forum...

Another EX-LEAFer posting that they didn't know how much they were paying for a BEV with range limits that they did not understand.

Sad, rather than entertaining, to watch people make fools of themselves on a public forum...

Well you're just a bundle of joy now, aren't you. :| Any other comments you'd like to add? I mean, let's keep this thread alive.

Well I'm still OK with my LEAF aside from the little niggles I outlined in the 6 year thread.

However, I would still jump at the chance of owning a Bolt if I could afford to right now, uncomfortable seats and all! :D

alozzy said:
I don't get the point of this thread, the OP just seems to be trying to rub our noses in it. Enjoy your Bolt, but serious who but you cares. Go hangout in the Bolt forums or do something useful instead.

Meanwhile, I'll still enjoy my Leaf and I'll not resent it for all the things it isn't. It's shortcomings, particularly with respect to range, are well documented so why on earth did you buy a Leaf in the first place?

I agree with alozzy 100%. If a NEW Bolt was around $25K MSRP, I might look at it; but I like my 6yr old Leaf just fine

I now drive an eGolf. What I miss most is the Leaf hacking community. There is Lincomatic, Turbo and others with free or low cost information programs. My eGolf is far better than my Mercedes B was but still there is no real traction battery info.

ElectricMonkey said:

If you don't want people to be defensive, then don't be offensive. One pretty naturally follows the other.

ElectricMonkey said:
If you want a comparison, the Bolt gets 3 times the range and twice the acceleration for 15% less lease payment (in my experience). It has "self healing" tires so you don't need a spare, jack, and tool (which I actually had to use)..

As a said, three times the range has almost zero value for our needs. Whatever price you paid for a LEAF at an independent Nissan dealer for your car has almost zero bearing over what I paid, or what a Bolt EV might cost either you or me today, or in the future.

I would not rely on "self healing" run-flat tires. I would still carry a spare and jack/lug wrench for longer journeys away from home. I have AAA for around town.

I pay $270... zero down, for a 2017 LEAF with 30kWh battery and CHAdeMO fast charging. Can you please let me know what Bolt EV can be leased for $270, zero down.

Thanks.

TonyWilliams said:
... Can you please let me know what Bolt EV can be leased for $270, zero down.
http://www.quirkchevy.com/new-chevy-specials/2017-chevrolet-bolt-ev-lt-all-electric-1485/
More good deals at: http://ev-vin.blogspot.com/

I think that the original poster has admitted that his Leaf bashing was done as "entertainment", and he is obviously entertained by the response he has obtained from so many.

Let's close down this JOKE of a thread, because this all sounds like a bad old Kung Fu movie where they argue.... "MY MASTER'S SCHOOL OF KUNG FU IS BETTER THAN YOUR KUNG FU SCHOOL!.... LET'S FIGHT!!"

I think that the original poster has admitted that his Leaf bashing was done as "entertainment", and he is obviously entertained by the response he has obtained from so many.

Let's close down this JOKE of a thread, because this all sounds like a bad old Kung Fu movie where they argue.... "MY MASTER'S SCHOOL OF KUNG FU IS BETTER THAN YOUR KUNG FU SCHOOL!.... LET'S FIGHT!!"

Would you like to place gentlemen's bet on whether this thread lives or dies :?: :mrgreen:

Can you please let me know what Bolt EV can be leased for $270, zero down.

My total lease payment (tax and all) is $230/mo, and there was no out-of-pocket cost for me to drive off the lot.

ElectricMonkey said:

Would you like to place gentlemen's bet on whether this thread lives or dies :?: :mrgreen:

Binizzio.trollface.png

DNAinaGoodWay said:
I would think that any EV driver, after years in a sub 100 mile range car, would be thrilled with a car that provides something like 3 times the range. Seems only natural.

The best thing to happen in my life since surfing cloud break :mrgreen:

I'm glad to hear that you're happy with the Bolt, and that Chevy addressed a lot of the nitpicks that people have had with the Leaf and the Volt for that matter. It does good to hear these kinds of things here rather than needing to go to a Bolt forum.

I'm a little surprised that anyone would take serious offense to these remarks, unless they were seriously anti-GM or anti-Domestic for some reason.

Maybe the Bolt will be my next used EV in a couple of years :)

silverone said:
I'm glad to hear that you're happy with the Bolt, and that Chevy addressed a lot of the nitpicks that people have had with the Leaf and the Volt for that matter. It does good to hear these kinds of things here rather than needing to go to a Bolt forum.

I'm a little surprised that anyone would take serious offense to these remarks, unless they were seriously anti-GM or anti-Domestic for some reason.

Maybe the Bolt will be my next used EV in a couple of years :)

In 3 years, when I'm on the Bolt forum bragging about having 500 miles more range than I'll ever need in whatever car I move on to next, you'll be able to buy the lease returns cheap :mrgreen: I seriously doubt anyone will be exhibiting symptoms of range envy at that point.

Back