Challenges in getting a LEAF - looking for help!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, to push the 200 mile barrier, they will need the 60 kWh battery. So I guess they haven't outright stated the battery size but deducing from the range, one would think that at least one LEAF model would have the large 60 kWh battery.

From reading articles however it sounds like there would still be an entry level LEAF with a 40 kWh battery as you mention.

https://electrek.co/2017/03/10/nissan-2018-leaf-september/

https://cleantechnica.com/2017/05/03/nissan-leaf-comparison-refreshed-leaf-versus-old-leaf/

Will be interesting to see though, I think it's worth waiting for, it is in fact only a month away...

Multiple battery sizes makes sense. Not everybody needs 200+ miles of range on a charge and/or can afford a battery that big, but are still willing to go electric. I would even suggest that Nissan keep its current 30 kWH battery for a base (say, under $25k before incentives) model with few frills. Perhaps they can even continue produce the old Leaf with this size battery to address this market (Nissan's done it before with the Rogue Select, and GM likes to do this as well albeit they tend to sell these models to rental fleets only).

Hey there,

the end of the story, in short, is that we aren't getting a 2018 LEAF. Several reasons...

1) We're happy that 40 kWh is being offered for the same price as the 30 kWh.
2) Dissapointed that the S version still doesn't come with cell phone start/scheduling, that they force the SV on you for that.
3) The higher ranges are coming as well next year, which didn't really affect our decision.
4) Even though we had a deposit on a 2017, which the dealer insisted we would get (this is all explained in this thread obviously), and that the dealer promised they would contact us when the 2018 specs/pricing was announced, there was no e-mail, phonecall, or any effort made to get a hold of us to pursue the sale.

Especially the last point was enough to put us off of this topic for a while. Poor service is hard to ignore. Instead we're going to get the rust fixed on our existing vehicle which is in excellent shape, and reconsider a few years down the road.

What sucks about it is that we were a sale, we were fully committed. Had the dealer played it right I think we may have continued the pursuit, but we've definitely moved on now. Thanks for checking though!

Back