iOS LeafSpy Pro Support

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also noticed that my SOH was at 84%, 2016 SV with 2,100 miles - also noticed that the SOC in Leaf Spy Pro is about 4% less than what is shown on the dash.

apzelic said:
I wonder if someone might take a look at the log I've recorded over the past month or so with the magic of LeafSpy Pro. It is at the following link:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38764050/TripChrgLog_GC306282_69550B.csv

My concern in the SOH of the battery (as per previous postings). A bit of background regarding our new-ish 2016 Nissan Leaf:

- We took possession of the car on May 31st. The car was manufactured in January 2016 (according to the label on the inside of the driver's door)
- We always -- and I do mean "always" -- drive in Eco mode and have never seen the battery temp warmer than 5 bars (including after the occasional fast-charge on a longish trip). We have never driven faster than 66 mph (except perhaps briefly going downhill on the freeway).
- According to the CarWings website, our average miles per hw-hr over the past 6 months is about 4.7 or 4.8 mi/kw-hr.
- We have driven a total of 2,661 miles in 6 months (that's right, we only drive about 100 miles per week on average)
- We charge mostly at 240 volts @ 6.6kw (using a public charger), and have done 16 quick charges (though some were only a few kilowatts). Sometimes we use our 120 volt trickle charger (but as I've noted earlier, we certainly have not done a total of 80 L1/L2 charges (some must have been done at the dealership)
- When not being driven, the car spends all of its time in our garage. The temperature range in the garage over the past 6 months has been a high of about 90 degrees (in the midst of the summer) and a low of about 40 degrees (right about now).

So, I think we've treated the car gingerly.

What I'd like to know is: Is the trend in SOH (from 89% to 87%) indicative of a problem with the battery? For what it may be worth:

- when we do a 100% charge, there are still 12 bars on the Leaf's dashboard display
- LeafSpy Pro currently reports a State of Charge (SOC) about 5% less than what the dashboard display says. I don't now what that means either.

Many thanks for insights and advice.

I have a 2016 leaf which is now 2 weeks old although it was mfg on 11/2015
My numbers are similar to yours. Check out this thread
http://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=20924&p=479373#p479373

I have iPhone LeafSpy v1.3.12 wifi port and on the Service Menu I only see 4 buttons. Door Lock, Read DTCs, Register Tires Positions and Clear DTCs. Is there some other setting to enable other items like headlight timing?

IMG_5691.PNG
bluepassion said:
Turbo3 said:
bluepassion said:
i need some advice, so ive downloaded the app on my iphone but it wont pick up the Konnwei OBD any suggestions where im going wrong :?:
iOS only supports Bluetooth 4.x LE OBDII adapters. The Konwei will not work. I recommend the LELink from Amazon.

For a Bluetooth 4.x LE OBDII adapter to be detected by LeafSpy its ID must be "known".

The current "known" devices are:
OBDBLE (LELink)
Viecar
IOS-Vlink
Kiwi
IOS-HHOBD
Carista

Ones that don't work are: (don't support the necessary commands to communicate with a Leaf)
dnt OBD2
Autophix
ios Diagbox
Thanks for your great advice
is this one right
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Viecar-4-...962528?hash=item3cfb2b63a0:g:1~oAAOSwstxVbWyH

That's all well and good, but I have a Konnwei WiFi adaptor and see it in my Wi-Fi settings get to copy it. I followed the set up instructions and assigned a static IP address. That's what I copied when I copied the SSID. However, when I then go to the main page, the connection remains yellow.

When I am using the Konnwei WiFi as the iPhone WiFi, the ELM327 lights light, but I still can't connect. When I connect to my home WiFi but leave LeafSpy assigned to Konnwie WiFi the ELM327 lights no longer flicker (power stays light, though) and still no connection.

I used to use LEAFSpy Pro on my Koysera but the power connector to that phone is now flaky and it keeps dying on me. So I ponied up another $20 for the iOS version and ordered the Konnwei WiFi from Walmart, waiting a week for it to get here! I am so crazy unlucky! Why won't it connect. It's a WiFi ELM unit, there's no reason with a static IP it should misbehave. Help please.

I hope this is the correct place to post this,
I just received an update for the IOS version of LeafSpy Pro. Are the new features documented anywhere?
I looked at the help, There is a change log but no real clear description of how to use the features.
Thanks

The OBD port is always exposed (no cover). If you have an iphone, suggest the low power, self setting, LeLink version.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QJRYMFC/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Phatcat73 said:
The OBD port is always exposed (no cover). If you have an iphone, suggest the low power, self setting, LeLink version.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QJRYMFC/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks, This is good to know. The video I watched was a UK spec RHD. Maybe it's different on theirs.

This unit worked with my 2014 SV and iPhone 6. Could get it to connect to my iPad Mini but LeafSpy Pro would not work on the iPad. Currently $20.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00W0SDLRY/

pyromancy5 said:
I'm considering this app, but I don't like the idea of not being able to have the cover on while the OBDII reader is plugged in.

This reader looks like it might fit under the cover. Will it be compatible with the app?

https://www.amazon.com/Xtool-Mini-B...rd_wg=swlwp&psc=1&refRID=GT0RSMMWG2PT4J3E0WDN

Thanks,

Alex
The Xtool-Mini is not support. It uses its own command protocol with a limited command set that is setup to support only for gas cars. It is not an ELM327 compatible device.

I work with the company for a while until it became apparent it was very limit in what it could do. I was able to read the VIN out of a gas car but it will never work on the Leaf.

I highly recommend the LELink from Amazon which requires no setup and just works after being plugged in.

Ditto the recommendation for the LELink - after one return to Amazon, the second has worked flawlessly for over 6 months. I've left it plugged in for 7 days at the airport with a 4-1/2 year old (12V) battery with no issues - so the low energy bluetooth does seem to be low in energy requirements!

Recently used my iOS LeafSpy to check condition of a 2011 Leaf with 52,000 miles. The GOM reads 12 bars, so quite "suspicious".

Using LeafSpy, the ahrs read ~61.4, the SOH 96%, the HX 92%. Is it almost certain that this is correct? - which implies that a new battery was installed fairly recently? I pulled the cover plate on the emergency disconnect and it has the newer style plug - ie. white and orange.

Hi Folks!

New (to me) leaf owner here, and my first electric car. I’m a network engineer, and a BTLE adapter just isn’t going to cut it for me. I want to follow up on my battery charge status while in the comfort of my easy chair, and that signal is not going to reach.

I’ve been reviewing some obd2 adapters that apparently support infrastructure mode, I.e. can connect to your home wifi router, and am curious to see if anyone’s found one that works with Leafspy? Thanks in advance for your help.

I received this email, in part:

On September 28, 2017, we’ll be making some changes to Dropbox that will likely affect the following 3rd party apps linked to your Dropbox account: LeafSpy Pro. You’re receiving this email because you’ve used these apps at least once within the past month.

While we’ve informed all developers about our upcoming changes, the developers for the apps listed above have yet to update their apps accordingly. If they don’t update their apps before September 28, these apps will no longer be able to access Dropbox. That said, any data already saved in Dropbox won’t be affected and will still be accessible from our official web, mobile, and desktop clients.

Hi, I update the app yesterday and test a little bit the VPS sounds settings, very usefull...

I found one little bug, when erasing DTC's the VPS sounds appears:
IMG_0583.png

Turbo3-

The VSP disable is GREAT!

We also have LED turn signals (w/o resistors) and as a result the blinking is fast. Anyway to control the blink rate via software?

Thanks Again!!

Erbium said:
Hi, I update the app yesterday and test a little bit the VPS sounds settings, very usefull...

I found one little bug, when erasing DTC's the VPS sounds appears:
IMG_0583.png
Thanks for reporting this. I have not been able to reproduce but looking at the code I see that the flag that enables displaying the VSP panel never gets cleared once set. So that is most likely the problem.

In the next release I will clear that flag when you leave the VSP page.

It took me a while to figure out the Drive vs drive start sound. Still have no idea what A and B are...

Back