7 mile drop with fan on level 1

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can easily get better results with a 12v cigarette lighter electric blanket for both front or back passengers. I have one and I almost don't need the heater in winter..

powersurge said:
You can easily get better results with a 12v cigarette lighter electric blanket for both front or back passengers. I have one and I almost don't need the heater in winter..

I've also used one, and while they work well, they don't heat the air. Sometimes you just need the cabin air a bit warmer...

powersurge said:
I understand that inverters are no way efficient.
Supersleeper said:
There's power loss going from DC to AC. I'd rather have 12v DC heater.
True, but not really a problem, provided the inverter is inside the cabin. The power loss generates heat. Isn't that what we want? Obviously the downside is you can't point the heat coming off of an inverter. But maybe you could place it on your lap or put it under your legs or something. Or get a little 12V fan and run a duct around the inverter and point it where you wish. You get the same amount of heat per watt no matter how you get it. The only difference is that if you can heat your body directly instead of the cabin air you'll feel a lot warmer with less heat.

For similar reasons I've often thought of changing my home's CFL's and LED's to incandescent lamps during the winter. That way the light bulbs would have two uses, light and heat.

IssacZachary said:
For similar reasons I've often thought of changing my home's CFL's and LED's to incandescent lamps during the winter. That way the light bulbs would have two uses, light and heat.

I had actually considered a reflector heater because you can simply point where you want the heat. I'd just be worried about fire hazard and/or melting the dash.

A heated seat cover might be worth trying:

https://www.amazon.com/Sojoy-SJ154A-Universal-Cushion-SJ0007-3-07/dp/B018MUJ7IK/ref=sr_1_5?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1502950327&sr=1-5&keywords=car+heated+seat+cover

Won't cost much to find out

Back