New MY18 Leaf Lease Extension program

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I went to two dealers and let's say they are all more interested in getting me into a 2017 Nissan. All said a warranty extension (essentially a 4yr/48,000 mile warranty) will run me about $1,000. But of course they can offer me a good deal on a 2017 Leaf....something in the neighborhood of $159 a month for the 2017 Leaf with no money down. I am actually thinking of taking it because no so sure when the 2018 will be out and this is more of a commuter car for me. Was unimpressed that they all seem to know nothing (or acted like they did know anything) about the 6 month extension from Nissan.

Keep in mind that when they talk about a "4yr/48,000 mile warranty" they most likely mean from the in-service date, or to put it another way, an actual one year extension. Four years from now for $1k would be a pretty good deal.

Yeah but problem is that I would only be keeping the car for 6 months at best....assuming of course there are no delays on the 2018 model.

I tried to extend a 3y lease on a 2015 Leaf S, lease maturity date is 1/1/2018. The rep in Nissan's lease call center told me - after talking to her supervisor - that they offer no incentives in my case as the lease is mature in 2018. So no extension with free months for me (I can extend until 3/18 but would have to pay full lease price, no thank you).

Given the low range of the car I am not too upset. Nissan's problem will be that I will not wait for the 2018 Leaf, I will need a new car on January 1st 2018, and a Nissan it won't be. Well, their loss...

Well I've had my 3 free months and now that the disappointment is official I'll pay them for another month and then Bolt. The lease requires 30 days written notice to terminate early. I think I can buff out the minor dings I have so hopefully can avoid excess wear and tear. Tires are ok. The disposition fee will be offset by those 3 free months I guess.

DNAinaGoodWay said:
OrientExpress said:
If you terminate the lease extension and do not lease another Nissan product, you agreed to pay back the free three months.

No, I didn't.

IF you took the free three months, you agreed to that deal, unless you have a written signed addendum to the lease with that exemption.

Check your lease agreement.

OE is right, more or less. You have to extend the lease at least 6 months to get the three free months. Cancel before then and you owe the "free" months.

LeftieBiker said:
OE is right, more or less. You have to extend the lease at least 6 months to get the three free months. Cancel before then and you owe the "free" months.

Yeah that's right you have to stay at least 6 months to get off the hook, but you also get stuck with termination fees, and no grace on damage.

I'm well aware of the language in my agreement. Penalty is only imposed if said agreement is terminated prior to six months before expiration. Expiration is 3/13/18, and termination will be 10/13/17. So, no problem.

So has anyone returned their Leaf yet after getting the 3 months free? Was it hassle-free?

And you did it after only a 6 month extension?

Back